CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Landlord Outreach Coordinator - REMOTE in NY in New York, New York
Landlord Outreach Coordinator - REMOTE in NY
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Landlord Outreach Coordinator - REMOTE in NY
City: New York, New York, US United States
Position ID: J1221-1778
Employment Type: Full Time
The Landlord Outreach Coordinator supports CG) strategic and operational objectives of the Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) Program. The Coordinator will be responsible for effectively marketing CGI’s Emergency Voucher Program to new and existing landlords/owners with the goal of expanding the number of units available to families within identified areas of opportunity.
The primary goal of the Landlord Outreach Coordinator is to increase access to affordable housing units utilizing EHV vouchers. This goal will be accomplished by developing partnerships with landlords to overcome barriers that prevent people currently experiencing or at risk of homelessness, including those who are survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking, to obtain stable housing. In this context, the incumbent in this position will collaborate with others members of the EHV program and with external stakeholders.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Outreach and marketing
• Perform landlord outreach efforts including: meeting with various interested parties to discuss the advantages of participating in EHV program, conducting landlord doorstep presentations, virtually or on-site at apartment complexes or realtor’s offices, facilitating landlord informational briefings at CGI, and attending meetings where interested parties may be present.
• Coordinate landlord outreach efforts with local partners to include apartment associations, Board of Realtors, tenant council's and other community partners with an emphasis on recruiting additional property owners willing to lease their properties to participants of the EHV program.
• Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and tracking of the Landlord Incentive Program and will also coordinate with CGI to issue incentive payments and resolve any HAP payment issues.
• Coordinate and conduct informational and educational seminars for property owners/property investors/managers and vouchered tenants; and invite property owners/investors and managers to initial orientations and move orientations.
• Ensure compliance with the Emergency Housing Voucher Program to include outreach efforts which will encourage participation of owners with units in high opportunity areas.
• Provide data to the Administrator regarding successful marketing and leasing activities in opportunity areas.
• Create partnerships with local government, landlord groups and realtor association chapters in targeted areas.
• Conduct large-scale outreach efforts targeting homeowners/housing providers, by way of attending virtual events and eventually in-person events, giving presentations, providing materials and contact information and answering questions landlords may have about the program.
• Identify opportunities for expanding the number of units available to voucher participants by utilizing a refined recruitment strategy, leasing statistics, market data and other sources of information.
• Develop and maintain a network of professional contacts in the property management and real estate industry.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Housing Choice Voucher, Emergency Housing Voucher and Special Population program rules and procedures.
Customer contact and service
• Serve as a point of contact for property managers/owners concerns and program inquiries.
• Coordinate with Inspections to facilitate expedited EHV inspections requests and may conduct pre-inspections and/or initial inspections, if needed.
• Maintain available unit lists and coordinate with Case Managers to ensure housing opportunities are offered to EHV participants.
• Develop recommendations to modify and update policies and procedures that improve customer service in support of the EHV program.
• Maintain/update database to ensure accurate reporting of information related to EHV program milestones and progress.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor Degree in the Liberal Arts, Education, Policy, Public Administration, Social Work, Business or other related field.
• At least 3 years' experience in property management, real estate, sales or experience with housing authority programs required.
• Knowledge of HUD and Housing Authority policies, procedures, and practices pertaining to the Housing Choice Voucher program, regulations and procedures.
• Able to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
• Highly detailed work efficacy; able to organize and work independently in an environment of frequent interruptions.
• Have a high regard and ability to meet schedules and time lines; demonstrate excellent ability to work independently with little direction.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record and auto insurance.
• Ability to obtain HQS Inspections certification within 6 months of employment required.
• HQS Inspections certification
• Knowledge of the State of New York rental market and general knowledge of real estate practices are a plus.
• HUD regulation experience not necessary but is considered a plus.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.