CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director, Consulting Services – Utilities in New York, New York
Director, Consulting Services – Utilities
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Leadership and Management Roles
City:New York, New York, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
We are a growing business unit in the Eastern United States Utilities market and are looking to increase the capabilities of our sales organization. We are seeking an experienced leader to interact with other CGI utility focused professionals to help re-establish and grow our leadership in the US utilities sector, targeting key clients in the US East Business Unit.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be responsible for leveraging CGI Utilities SMEs, United States-based IP, along with selected European IP, to secure new license, maintenance, system integration, consulting and outsourcing contracts for CGI. The main focus of the role is to help us establish a utility practice in the US East Business Unit by working with existing clients, new prospects, and other CGI business units to secure and oversee new license, maintenance, system integration, consulting and outsourcing contracts for CGI.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Director, Consulting Services, Utilities Practice leader will help to develop a practice and pipeline for IP business within a targeted portfolio of accounts and territory, manage to financial targets for Utilities solutions and associated services, establish and maintain C level relationships in key clients, and work with CGI business leaders to help expand broader utilities growth.
Summary of Duties:
• Lead sales engagements selling new license, maintenance, system integration, consulting and outsourcing contracts for CGI
• As a SME with technical experience, oversee and support sales and delivery in targeted accounts
• Develop understanding of the clients’ business, organization and culture
• Develop successful growth strategies
• Negotiate complex deals
• Focus on major new logos and footprint expansion in existing strategic logos
• Actively support campaigns to increase sales provide exceptional delivery services
• Influence internal and external CGI stakeholders to prioritize winning sales strategies
• Work with product managers and solutions consultants to propose the most likely to win approach
• Coach existing business developers and delivery teams as required supporting goals.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years’ experience in delivery and sales of IT technology services and software in the utilities market
• Significant subject matter expertise and existing industry relationships at the executive level
• Particular subject expertise in one or more aspects of utilities (e.g. enterprise asset management (EAM), mobile workforce management (MWM), network operations, applications and outsourcing)
• Understanding of key business drivers that support the sale of our solutions
• Demonstrated ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy recommendations to senior management
• Excellent communication skills and highly effective interpersonal skills are required as well as an ability to inspire confidence and provide business development leadership throughout the company
• Based in NYC Metropolitan area. Willingness to travel up to 30% of time or as required
• The successful candidate will have a high energy level and be motivated by working with bright, driven people in a values-based culture
• They will be independent, self-starting, and be able to stay calm under the pressures of multiple deadlines, possessing good multitasking skills
• In addition, they will have excellent organization skills and serve as an effective team player, working well with their peer group and support staff
• They will be results-oriented with a strong track record of delivering for their team
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited academic institution. A Master’s or other advanced degrees/relevant certifications are preferred.
- Business Development / Sales
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.