CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. DevOps Engineer in New York, New York
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: New York, New York, United States
Position ID: J0420-0772
Employment Type: Full Time
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work on projects through lower development environment’s all the way to production. You will review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process all while maintaining existing build processes and leading the design and implementation of their replacement. You will be an integral part of the overall product release and support process.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will plan, design, implement, deliver and support the various platforms for production and non-production environments.
• We would want you to provide direction during various operations such as deployment and general application operations
• By collaborating with developers you will establish and ensure environments meet requirements and conform to best practices Manage code releases.
• Your experience working on delivering solutions for globally distributed, large scale Agile software development teams will be leveraged
• You will work with advanced Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices including software configuration management, test automation, version control and provisioning/deployment tools.
• You will work with Cloud based infrastructures and Cloud platform as a service (PaaS) on which developers can build, deploy, run and scale applications.
• Leading a DevOps team, which is part of wider Engineering organization of our client, you will play a key role in shaping how their products are developed and deployed.
• Enable them as a technology delivery organization to continue their journey of moving from a monolithic delivery and application structure to more isolated, service based architecture where releasing software is no longer a ceremony and is highly efficient and automated.
• Bring creativity, innovation and experiment where needed, to provide solutions that help us deliver for the business.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Overall 7-10 years of experience
• 2+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
• Experience working with AWS cloud architecture
• Working experience in DevOps tools like Docker, Puppet, Ansible, and Kubernetes.
• Maintain Java applications.
• Possess a strong command of software-automation systems (Jenkins and Selenium).
• Working knowledge of tools like Git.
• Knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language).
• Understands legacy monolithic architecture and how to convert to a micro service based architecture, and are cognizant of the challenges and recommended best practices to supporting distributed systems.
• Experience leading and influencing teams who consistently drive strong collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Review, analyze, recommend solutions/ best practices and tools to improve the software development process. Identifying and collecting metrics to measure the success/maturity of these decisions/solutions.
• You are able to work successfully in an environment that encourages autonomy in the work that you do.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.