CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Delivery Manager - Utilities in New York, New York
Delivery Manager - Utilities
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Delivery Manager - Utilities
Category: Project Management
City: New York, New York, US United States
Position ID: J1021-0653
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking for a dynamic, client focused, experienced delivery manager with a growth mindset for our Utility clients.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. This would be a great opportunity for someone to grow their career in delivery, work directly with the client, and act as our subject matter expert across multiple projects in Utility domain.
In this role, you will have opportunity to manage an important portfolio with high visibility to CGI and client leadership. This is a unique opportunity where you’ll have exposure to product development, program management and service delivery.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Delivery Manager will be responsible for establishing, building, and maintaining customer relationship to promote customer retention and loyalty, including daily interaction with clients and management.
• The delivery manager will be the single point of contact and accountable for project and service delivery management.
• Promote visibility of CGI expertise with customers. gaining a reputation as trusted advisor and innovator.
• Manage internal stakeholder expectations and communications
• Manage end-to-end contract execution for project and support service delivery.
• Maintain strategic alignment of projects by analyzing status and reviewing with management decision makers on a regular basis
• Maintain strategic alignment of projects by analyzing status and reviewing with management decision makers
• Managing financial health for the projects including spend versus budget and re-forecasting project expenditures across explicit categories
• Proactively raising key issues/risks to the IT PMO Lead, program stakeholders and Steering Committee
• Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines
• Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate risks of the overall program and individual workstreams
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Proven experience in end-to-end delivery of complex solutions.
• Good technology understanding and industry experience. Experience in Utility industry preferred.
• 8 to 10 years of large system integration and implementation management and/or service delivery management
• Experience in developing SOWs, Change Requests, Project Financials and Resourcing and Quality Management
• Experience in developing and managing project plans, managing dependencies, risks and issues and status reporting
• Efficient analytical, client communication and negotiation skills
• Understanding support metrics and SLAs, defect priorities and resolution cycles
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Sciences, Engineering, Business or relevant discipline
• PMI-ACP, PMP and/or Certified Scrum Professional certification preferred
IT Service Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.