CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Consulting Services Director in New York, New York
Consulting Services Director
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Consulting Services Director
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
City: New York, New York, US United States
Position ID: J0621-1244
Employment Type: Full Time
We are a global company of owners who shape the direction of our company and our own careers. CGI is among the largest independent IT and business consulting services firms in the world, and after 40+ years, we're still growing! The best version of us starts with you! ® Join CGI as a Director of Consulting Services (DCS) in New York /New Jersey area.
The best version of you starts with a willingness to evolve and continually challenge yourself. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a portfolio of engagements for our financial services clients (both local and global). DCS will have senior management responsibility with a significant focus on business development and delivery of consulting/products/services to our client. You will also manage a sub P&L, client relationships and members while maintaining profitable growth year over year. We come together as teams with a diversity of backgrounds to solve the complex business and IT challenges with comprehensive services for leading organizations around the world.
Our ideal candidate should possess deep financial services and banking domain experience, including in the field of IT and related delivery capabilities, and specifically in Capital /Wealth Market or Retail or Private Banking Domains. You will be responsible for bringing solutions and thought leadership to our clients, work well in collaborative environments, be highly motivated by delivering excellent services to our clients and ensuring their satisfaction. Together we achieve meaningful results for our clients, invigorate the lives of our colleagues, and work to strengthen the communities we call home.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Overall accountability of service delivery to our clients.
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities within new and existing accounts within the portfolio.
• Be the driving factor in proposals and evolve solution offerings.
• Provide leadership to a team of professionals – both direct reports, external consultants, partner members, global delivery members.
• Ensure success of engagements using global delivery and vendor partners.
• Manage client satisfaction in partnership with account management teams.
• Apply delivery and customer management best practices.
• Apply best practices such as succession planning, member performance reviews, and finance management.
• Contribute to business strategy and budget planning.
• Manage profitability of engagements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
A minimum of 10 years of experience in leading medium to large teams of IT professionals
• At least 8 years of experience defining, selling and delivering business and information technology solutions to the financial services sector.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a P&L within a consulting organization (or a significant management role within a practice) with a focus on both sales and delivery.
• A minimum of 5 years of Financial Services (Banking, Capital Markets, Financial Technology and/or Insurance)
• Demonstrated ability to create and implement a growth strategy in a consulting services environment.
• Results oriented business leader with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L’s, complex pricing models and contracts management.
• Business development including strategic sales planning.
• Building and maintaining relationships with C level client executives with a goal to become their trusted advisor.
• A keen, flexible and solution oriented intellect; superior conceptual thinking as well as analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, at all levels.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree is a plus.
• Ability to travel as required.
A minimum of 3 years' of any of the following Doman: Capital Market, or Retail or Private Banking
• Ability to:
o Leverage you understanding in the specific domain to provide solutions, directions and support to the client on this financial and banking space
o Support and share knowledge with project teams
o Use consultative selling and design-led thinking to improve customer experience
o Good understanding of banking products being offered in the market today
o Help grow CGI expertise and domain knowledge (in your field of domain expertise)
o Identify strong opportunities in this specific financial space
o Build strong client relationships
o Stay on top of changes and new technology in your domain expertise as well as the industry at large
o Result oriented mind-set
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.