CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst - (NYC or Cary, NC) in New York, New York
Business Analyst - (NYC or Cary, NC)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Business Analyst - (NYC or Cary, NC)
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: New York, New York, United States
Position ID: J0221-2477
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Be part of something exciting and join CGI as we grow and expand our Banking sector business in the US. Do you want to take control of your future? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of one of the big five IT and business process firms in the world who will give you a direct stake in its success?
As part of this expansion CGI is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Business Analyst, with Alteryx and Tableau knowledge, to work alongside our clients to recommend solutions and identify/resolve challenges within the programmes. Utilizing strong communication and presentation skills with sound, relevant knowledge across the payments domain. It is vital that the analyst builds and maintains excellent relationships with the business stakeholders and through their trust can guide and influence.
This role must be located at one of the following locations: New York, NY or Cary, NC
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will need to help our clients succeed in meeting their business objectives and in developing best-fit innovative digital solutions and to achieve this you will partner with product specialists and various application delivery teams to help develop solutions that fully integrate with existing IT systems, to solve complex business problems. The make-up of the team will vary over time, as we deliver cash management solutions for different business areas and clients.
Also you will leverage existing expertise and knowledge to validate solution definitions and specifications created by partners across the technology stack. Ensuring alignment with the client’s policies and group strategy.
A core responsibility will be to maintain a clear and robust requirements management process for the department and all associated project deliveries, help develop enterprise solutions that take into consideration operational costs, security, application development, production support considerations and client experience considerations.
You will need to lead workshops with business and technology stakeholders to review, develop, validate and finalize requirements for the delivery of ISO compliance across the business. Then ensure all agreed outputs and decisions are suitably well documented in the agreed tools throughout the requirements lifecycle, from initial capture through various stages of refinement, through to testing and implementation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Interact with Client and business users to gather requirements
• Responsible for researching and extracting pertinent data points within multiple source systems while developing analytical reporting solutions.
• Design and develop ETL workflows and datasets in Alteryx to be used by the BI reporting tool.
• ETL specific for creating datasets (to be used by Tableau Data Extract for BI)
• Write complex SQL queries with multiple joins to automate/manipulate these extracts in Alteryx.
• Work in partnership with the other IT teams and stakeholders concerning the accuracy of data and efficiency of processes.
• Prepare technical specifications and documentation for Alteryx workflows supporting BI reports.
• Perform end to end Data validation to maintain accuracy of data sets
• Lead discussions with business partners to identify functional requirements resulting in data acquisition for BI applications.
• Translate business logic from one system (Excel, SQL, etc.) into Alteryx in a quick and accurate manner.
• Design dashboards on the concept of Dynamic Availability where in a variety of worksheets / views were connected by Actions, and provided an interactive reporting environment of the Revenue Impact Analysis, Inventory Control, Pricing Opportunity Analysis, Markets Overview, Shopping Activity, etc., in the developed dashboards.
• Create histograms, pie charts, box plots, scatter plots for inventory management, background maps illustrating the potential revenue change, destinations flown across different geographic markets, time-series statistics for price variance across different vendors, heat maps for shopping activities across business units. Implement Tableau Online to enable cloud implementation of analytics developed on Tableau desktop, and to make dashboards available on the cloud platform being implemented by the client.
• Developed best practices guide for Tableau implementation using Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server.
• Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.