Azure Devops Consultant
New York City, NY
Azure Devops Consultant
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
Main location: United States, Texas, Dallas
Alternate Location(s): United States, Arizona, Phoenix
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco
United States, Florida, Miami
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
United States, Illinois, Chicago
United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
United States, New Jersey, New Brunswick
United States, New York, New York City
United States, North Carolina, Charlotte, Cary
United States, Tennessee, Chattanooga, Franklin, Knoxville
United States, Texas, Belton, Dallas, Austin, Houston
United States, Virginia, Fairfax, Lebanon, Richmond, Sterling
Position ID: J0124-1278
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a Azure Devops Consulant experienced with creating and maintaining environments using Infrastructure-As-Code principals. This includes the ability to automate the creating and modification of Azure Kubernetes (AKS), Azure Container Registry (ACR), as well as other services. Experience creating a software development build and deployment automation process. This includes installing CI/CD tools as needed and the creation of CI/CD Pipelines. The ability to provide recommendations on best way to install selected development products (e.g., install RabbitMQ in VM on Azure vs as containers in AKS), as well as execute the hands-on tasks needed to install selected products. The ability to deep-dive and debug technical issues including container, Azure networking and firewall issues.
**This is a hybrid role requiring two days per week in any CGI office, and candidates must be willing to work Eastern Time Zone hours.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design cloud solutions that align with business requirements and best practices for scalability, security, and performance.
• Creating and maintaining environments using Infrastructure-As-Code principals.
Automate the creation and modification of Azure Kubernetes (AKS), Azure Container Registry (ACR), as well as other services.
• Implement infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent to automate cloud resource provisioning and management.
• Plan and execute cloud migration strategies, including lift-and-shift, re-platforming, or refactoring, while minimizing downtime and ensuring data integrity.
• Provide advanced technical support, troubleshoot complex issues, and coordinate with relevant teams or vendors to resolve critical incidents.
• Create software development build and deployment automation process.
• Installing CI/CD tools as needed and the creation of CI/CD pipelines.
• Provide recommendations on best way to install selected development products.
• Debug technical issues including container, Azure networking and firewall issues.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
• 10 years of experience in cloud architecture & engineering. Experience in Azure Kubernetes, Azure Container Registry & Terraform
• Experience with Azure Hosted MS-SQL Server
• Experience with Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or like products
• Experience with Linux, scripting (e.g., bash)
• Istio and Calico knowledge would be a plus
• Professional certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect are highly desirable.
• Proficiency in programming/scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell, or Bash).
• Strong understanding of cloud service providers like AWS & Azure.
• Expertise in IaC tools and DevOps practices.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong communication skills to effectively interact with clients and team members.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Azure Kubernetes, Azure Container Registry 5+ years 5
Platform Engineering 5+ years 3
Azure SQL 3+ years 4
Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD 3+ years 5
Linus, Scripting (e.g. bash) 3+ years 4
Minimum Education Required: B.S Science or equivalent
*CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the $77,200 -$180,200.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
Competitive base salaries
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
Azure Container Services
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.