CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. AP Specialist in N Charleston, South Carolina
Sr. AP Specialist
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. AP Specialist
City: N Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Position ID: J0820-1766
Employment Type: Full Time
Perform all Accounts Payable processes to ensure timely and accurate vendor payments as well as financial close processes for Accounts Payable monthly. Performance expectations will be established for accuracy and timeliness of invoice processing.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Daily processing of vendor invoices in ERP system - Costpoint, using 2-way or 3- way matching
for most invoices and sub-contract invoices.
• Be a point of contact for vendors
• Process vendor voucher corrections as requested in ERP system - Costpoint
• Provide customer service support to BU's as relates to their vendor invoices process
• Scan, e-file, and hard-copy file processed vouchers. Maintain accurate filing system.
• Research and resolve issues related to vendor invoices
• Ensure compliance with company and department policies and procedures, and SOX as it relates to accounting processes.
• Identify and resolve any matching problems with respective dept/project teams.
• Utilize Sharepoint to capture invoice exceptions (matching problems, PO issues, etc.)
• Complete month-end invoice log and other month-end AP close processes
• Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial information, vendor and member files
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Knowledge of Accounts Payable and General Ledgers
• Knowledge of automated financial systems- preferably Deltek Costpoint
• Ability to work remotely and also be trained remotely – have own internet connection with sufficient speed to process efficiently
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including copy machine, scanner, fax and telephone
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
• Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial information and vendor files
• Ability to work in team environment- excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn and retain information quickly
• Ability to multitask
• Bookkeeping Skills
• Analytical & problem solving skills
• Effective verbal and listening communication Skills
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Effective written communication skills
• Computer skills including the ability to operate standard software programs, including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat, and email proficiently
• Time management skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.