CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Developer - Remote in Montgomery, Alabama
Software Developer - Remote
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Software Developer - Remote
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Montgomery, Alabama, US United States
Position ID: J1121-3299
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for Software Developers to support one of our clients in Montgomery, Alabama. This position can work remotely.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Will implement standard methodology development techniques and perform testing as part of the software creation process
• Requires a strong knowledge of generally accepted testing practices and business rules as well as the testing and development processes
• Must understand automation of the release process and incremental development and testing of the changes required for a Sprint
• Working under supervision and adhering to established procedures for quality assurance, this person should be able to test and analyze software components to ensure usability and applicability to the business environment and customer during the software development life cycle including post-implementation/deployment phase
• Develop relationships across multiple groups; Contributes to customer satisfaction through quality code and on-time delivery
• Job requires testing per project demands, writing test cases, taking part in peer reviews, participating in design sessions and code reviews
• Continuously focuses on and develops professional skills
• Pursues training /tools to fill needs
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience in RESTful Web Services development
• 5 years development experience with Java, JavaEE, and Spring
• Development experience with React JS, CSS, HTML
• Demonstrate competency with SQL databases (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
• Experience in developing scalable and secure applications. AGILE/SCRUM Development practice experience
• Experience in automation for testing
• Requires a NACI
• Security+JMS, SOA, Jenkins Technical College Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.