CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Application Support Analyst in Mobile, Alabama
Application Support Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Application Support Analyst
City: Mobile, Alabama, US United States
Position ID: J0521-1882
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is in need of an Application Support Specialist to join our dynamic team. This person will be part of a team supporting applications related to power generation and transmission and will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining application health, user administration, integration support, etc. The Application Support Specialist will be part of 24 hour on-call rotation between 3 and 5 days per month. At CGI, you will solve challenging business and technical problems as part of team of smart, dedicated people, like yourself. This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class consulting firm providing high-end IT services to local enterprise clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ongoing production support of the assigned applications
• Support deployment and testing of applications
• Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
• Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
• respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
• Priorities and manage many open cases at one time
• Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
• Talk to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
• Participate in system and network problems, assisting with diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults exercises
• Test and evaluate new technology for the role
• On-call support is must
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• On call 24X7 in the event of an outage and must be knowledgeable about the specific applications they support.
• Able to read and understand .NET programs to support troubleshooting
• Experience in using standard ticketing systems (e.g. Remedy, JIRA)
• Able to read and understand SSIS packages to support troubleshooting
• Able to read and understand web applications (ASPX, Angular) to support troubleshooting
• Possesses excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
• Works well within a team environment
• Basic understanding of network protocols and troubleshooting
• Ability to think logically
• A good memory of how software and operating systems work
• Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
• Ability to work well in a team
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritize workload
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.