CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Secretary II - Miami in Miami, Florida
Secretary II - Miami
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Miami, Florida, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
At the direction of the Regional Director, the Secretary II will perform a variety of administrative and secretarial functions for the DOS/PPT Regional Management Staff and Contract Management staff. Maintain all office functions associated with meeting the needs of the front office including incoming calls, correspondence and faxes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Answer all incoming calls (external and internal) to the front office telephones in a highly professional manner and forward calls, take messages or resolve calls as warranted on an individual basis.
• Must demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with calls from applicants as well as government officials.
• Serve as the primary point of contact with Consular Affairs (CA), Office of Personnel in Washington, D.C. on all federal personnel and attendance matters.
• Organize and maintain confidential employee records and subject matter files for the Federal managers.
• Maintain organizational listings of employees by type of appointment, etc.
• Must organize, type, collate, and file sensitive material.
• Assure timely submission of reports on a daily, weekly, bi-monthly or monthly basis. These reports include spreadsheets, graphics and memoranda for the agency Director.
• Track and report official time and attendance records for all federal employees at the agency.
• Type/create memorandums and correspondence as requested by DOS management and contract management staff.
• Receive deliveries and arrange for pick-up of outgoing shipments.
• Responsible for stocking the photocopy and facsimile machines and supplies as well as maintaining their operational status and taking the requested readings.
• Sort incoming administrative mail and distribute it along with faxes.
• Attend meetings and generates minutes as necessary.
• Coordinate Contract Employee’s attendance.
• Assist Agency personnel with travel arrangements using online Travel Manager system.
• Serve as back-up for the Director’s Secretary.
• Adhere to the Federal Privacy Act Laws and have knowledge of federal personnel rules and regulations including the Foreign Affairs Manual Volume III (FAM-Personnel).
• Maintain constant awareness of all aspects of internal security including adherence to the restricted area policies, logging off computer terminals when not in use and securing work at the end of the workday.
• Interface with TDIS-PD system.
A. Job Performance
• Quality - must meet department minimum requirements for quality and job knowledge in one month of hire and thereafter consistently exceed those standards.
• Flexibility - willingly adapt to changes in procedures and assignments. Readily adjust to new situations and responsibilities. Maintain composure and productivity under stressful situations.
• Interpersonal/Organizational Communication - interact harmoniously, productively and in a courteous manner with DOS, Passport customers and co-workers. Willingly and positively accept feedback about performance, and respond with constructive improvements. Actively build relationships with others, which are free of conflict and lead to an easy exchange of information and help. Execute directions and plans from management, and demonstrates an ability to understand and help accomplish the overall goals of the Agency. Take care not to disturb others, (e.g. loud noises or excessive socializing.
• Time Utilization - use time effectively, set priorities, organize work and maintain an efficient workflow.
• Attendance - maintain an acceptable attendance record by not abusing leave time based on company policy and consistently pre-schedule planned leave with supervisor well in advance of time off.
• Punctuality - report to work at the appointed start time and continues to complete assigned tasks until the appropriate end time. Be prompt in returning from breaks, lunches and appointments.
D. Mental Demands:
• Ability to perform professionally in a highly stressful environment.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks.
• Willingness to learn other department tasks and assists in other areas of passport services as needed.
• Maintains flexibility to learn.
E. Physical Demands:
• Read rapidly from both paper and a computer terminal.
• Manual dexterity in the use of word processing equipment.
• Capable of performing daily repetitive tasks.
• Ability to move 30 lbs.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Five (5) years of progressive secretarial experience.
• Ability to type fifty (50) words per minute (wpm).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Communicate effectively and professionally over the telephone and in person.
• Demonstrated capability to analyze facts, evaluate information, and draw conclusions.
• Attention to detail and organized work habits.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a CGI credit/background check and a government security investigation.
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship and a Secret clearance is required.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Two (2) year college degree.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.