CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Splunk Engineer in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Marlborough, Massachusetts, US United States
Position ID: J0421-0573
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
If you are an experienced hands-on Scrum Engineer in Retail industry with excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with strong architecture technical teams in a Devops environment, we would like to talk to you. You will have an opportunity to work with top fast paced Retail company using your skills to ensure more effective operations.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure systems meet availability goals, transactions perform as expected, capacity is available and user experience is excellent;
• Leverage various application performance and web analytics tools and logs to monitor performance and identify any potential issues requiring resolution;
• Collaborate with teams to ensure new products are sufficiently transitioned for support.
• Collaborate with stakeholders development and support team
• Ensure critical systems are highly available with tested backup and recovery procedures in place;
• Constantly identifies ways to improve processes through monitoring
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of six (7-10) years of general work experience and one (1) year of relevant experience in functional responsibility. Splunk experience minimum 5 years of experience architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing the tool.
• Strong understanding of Splunk configuration files and architecture
• Assist and provide expert best practices in adoption, expansion, additional use cases and in setting up Splunk.
• Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
• Demonstrated ability to create complex dashboards, forms & visualizations.
• Develop reliable, efficient queries that will feed custom alerts and dashboards.
• Development of best practices and run book.
• Intermediate level understanding of Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems
• Knowledge of a scripting language (Python & Shell) and UNIX command line
• Strong knowledge of application monitoring and event management
• Installation, administration, and development of a myriad of Splunk & monitoring related activities for our customers.
• log parsing and alert monitoring, lookups, calculated fields extractions using regular expression(regex).
• Troubleshoot Splunk server and agent problems and issues
• Designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards
• Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization
• Support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
• Debug complex configuration issues
• Strong knowledge (recent experience) with the AWS/Azure cloud.
• Engage application and infrastructure teams to establish best practices for utilizing Splunk data and visualizations
• Mentor members of the technical staff to support and assist in Splunk-related activities
• Splunk Certified Administrator, Splunk Certified Architect and/or Splunk Certified preferred
• Ability to understand and communicate the business impact of technical issues.
• Retail Experience is a plus
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree in related field
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84K-$105K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.