CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Data Analyst in Maplewood, Missouri
Technical Data Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Technical Data Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Maplewood, Missouri, US United States
Position ID: J0921-1047
Employment Type: Full Time
The Technical Data Analyst works with both technical and functional team members to create data solutions that align with the client's requirements and business processes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with the team to define and document complex business requirements
• Understand and document source data and source systems
• Write and execute complex SQL queries for analysis and testing
• Analyze business intelligence reports/visualizations and be able to develop ad-hoc Excel reports
• Perform QA functions, including ensuring that unit, integration, and functional test plans are developed and executed and results are documented
• Perform root cause analysis of data anomalies that are uncovered through the normal course of analysis
• Communicate with upstream teams on new development/issue resolution and downstream users on any reporting questions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 2 years of SQL experience
• At least 2 years of data testing experience
• Effective verbal and written communication skills that facilitates collaboration with both business and technical resources
• Proven problem-solving, analytic, conceptual, and critical thinking skills
• Experience in ETL development is a plus
• Telecom/Cable Industry experience is a plus
Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.