CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Consultant – Utilities in Los Angeles, California
Senior Consultant – Utilities
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City:Los Angeles, California, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
CGI has deep experience in both regulated and unregulated markets and has formed long-term client relationships with the world’s largest utilities. We are conducting a search for a Senior Consultant for Utilities Services, Public Sector Vertical. The successful candidate will have a strong network within the Southern California utility market to support and engage new (and existing) clients in a Business Development and Delivery capacity to deliver new and extend an existing business.
This role will require someone who understands the nuances of sales cycles within the Southern California Utilities Industry and has demonstrated an ability to build new relationships with customers, secure new business and deliver/manage high-quality projects to our Clients.
The Senior Consultant – Utilities Services has the responsibility of ensuring that all applications are deployed on time, within budget and defect free in multiple complex Utilities client accounts. In addition, the Senior Consultant has the responsibility and accountability to ensure that they have a strong understanding of the client’s business, industry trends, organizational trends and customer needs in order to deal with relevant offerings that can be tailored for each individual client’s needs and grow the business.
The ideal candidate will work primarily at our client sites primarily within Southern California and also other US West territories. Working with cross-functional teams, the Senior Consultant will work closely with CGI clients to foster strong relationships and secure new business for CGI. The primary objective is to deliver high-quality deliverables working with strong local, near-shore and far-shore teams.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will be responsible for defining projects/engagements for our clients, hence be highly motivated by delivering excellent services to our clients and ensuring their satisfaction.
• In-depth understanding of delivery methodologies, their architectures, and use
• You will ensure process and procedure compliance by delivery teams.
• 3+ years of experience in the California or US utility industry
• Understand relevant Utility industry issues, matching customer needs to CGI competencies and services
• Develop a strong knowledge of CGI solutions including the full range of CGI services
• Contribute to helping create market awareness and promotion of CGI’s services within the Utility industry
• Strong customer focus and proven track record of cultivating new business
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities within new and existing accounts within the Utility industry
• Develop an understanding of client business strategies
• You will be responsible to bring thought leadership and drive the practice into new areas of growth for the clients future needs
• Create and execute pursuit strategies to position CGI solutions
• Develop relationships with clients, decision makers and influencers (IT and business)
• Own the sales management process from opportunity identification through proposal development to contract to close
• Provide leadership and coordination within CGI during bids and pursuits
Management and Support experience:
• Manage small teams of resources locally, and coordinating with local and global delivery centers
• Thorough understanding of financial and pricing modeling related to products/solutions
• Advanced communication, organizational and time management skills
• Apply management best practices such as succession planning, member performance reviews, and finance management.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3+ years of minimum experience in IT consulting services or outsourcing with utility clients.
• Results oriented business leader with a solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L’s, and complex pricing models.
• Business development including strategic sales planning.
• Delivery experience.
• Client engagement management and relationship building.
• Project Management experience.
• A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect; superior conceptual thinking as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A very good listener with demonstrated ability to understand client’s needs and offer solutions.
Strategic & Business Planning
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.