CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Report Developer in Los Angeles, California
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Los Angeles, California, US United States
Position ID: J0321-3138
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking Report Developers to join our team! We are more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities.
Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career!
This career opportunity is located in the Los Angeles metro area. Also, can be located at any other of our CGI US Western Region locations. Those located outside the proximity of the US Western Region, this role can be performed in a modified client-site/remote arrangement.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Build queries and report performance tuning.
• Validate and ensure accurate data between reports/dashboards and sources such as databases and spreadsheets, etc.
• Collaborate with clients, business specialists, sponsors and other IT experts.
• Develop quality deliverables and precision output components for both operational and strategic decision-makers.
• Develop user manuals and procedures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Demonstrated report development experience using MicroSoft Power BI and its components.
• Knowledge of database querying techniques, data analysis, data mapping and problem-solving with complex data sets using various tools and techniques.
• Knowledge of query or report performance tuning.
• Demonstrable experience with data warehouse, report and dashboard development using dimensional and relational databases.
• Ability to generate reports in Windows and Unix (AIX) environments.
• Superb communication skills, verbal and written
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Microsoft Power BI
Problem Solving/Decision Making
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $80K-$140K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.