CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Junior Project Management Assistant in Los Angeles, California
Junior Project Management Assistant
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Junior Project Management Assistant
City: Los Angeles, California, US United States
Position ID: J0921-1737
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a Junior-Mid Project Management Assistant to join our team!
You will support financial activities related to large application managed services account.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Assist in creation, management, and maintenance of project accounting, including revenue recognition, project analysis to financial metrics and full life cycle project accounting
• Performing detailed reporting and analyses of financial data that is key to FP&A’s success
• Provide timely and accurate financial analytical support for regularly scheduled and ad hoc requests from CGI management
• Manage client billing, AR and Unbilled to monitor recognition for Work in Progress (WIP), as well as, client purchase orders
• Assist the finance staff with vendor management (time reporting, submission of purchase order requests, etc.)
• Partner with internal stakeholders, across multiple business units, to support finance priorities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to changing priorities
• Ability to perform successfully under limited supervision
• Intermediate knowledge and use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Ability to communication to various levels of the Project Team, such as PM and VP’s to include Project Financial information or challenges
• Ability to multi-task with working in different systems, various projects and have multiple responsibilities of ownership – all due at the same deadline
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
Financial Analysis - 3 years
Microsoft Office/Excel - 3 years
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
Project Accounting - 3 years
Revenue Recognition - 2 years
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
If ‘other’: Finance or Accounting
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $44K-$65K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.