ERP Functional HR-Payroll Expert
Main location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Position ID: J0723-1294
Employment Type: Full Time
We are seeking Senior ERP Functional HR-Payroll Experts to join our CGI team in the Los Angeles, CA metro area (Downey, CA). For those outside of this area, we will consider a Hybrid schedule (must be willing to travel a "minimum" 50% when needed)!
This career opportunity is 75% Functional and 25% Technical! You will be helping with the rollout of our "CGI Advantage - ERP system" for the client. This is our largest project in the Los Angeles metro area! We are making a difference for approximately 150,000 teachers and administrative staff across LA County.
This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment on technology systems. We take a new way to supporting our clients working side-by-side in a collaborative environment modernizing existing technology.
How we’re transforming Government
We use technical expertise and secure solutions to help government reinvent the ways of working to improve citizen services and increase efficiency. Our work helps civil entities provide services transparently and with fewer resources.
You will serve as a "Functional" leader and expert on our ERP projects for government clients in the Los Angeles area. The successful candidate must have a deep understanding of at least four of the key areas in ERP systems:
• Benefits Administration
• Employee Records
• HR reporting (including ACA compliance)
• Labor Relations
• Staffing Management
• Talent Management
• Experience with ERP systems (Advantage, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
• Functional knowledge about FIN, HRM, etc.
• Some technical knowledge of SDLC
Your future duties and responsibilities:
How you'll make an impact
• Leading sessions to analyze business requirements to determine functional solutions
• Planning and managing resources to create functional design documents and other functional project deliverables
• Planning and leading fit-gap of current processes to future designed processes
• Developing business concept/designs for functionality to support client’s business requirements
• Resolving functional issues and providing functional support to the project team
• Collaborating with clients independently to prepare participants for meeting sessions and to answer questions regarding their business functions as it relates to Advantage ERP
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you'll bring
8 -10 years implementing ERP systems e.g., SAP, Workday, PeopleSoft, Advantage and especially in HR/Payroll area.
We are seeking flexible candidates who have established backgrounds in the HR-Payroll functional areas and can support other areas such as change management and business process re-engineering.
Seeking someone who is self-motivated, able to adapt to changing project environments, be a standout colleague, be able to travel throughout the US West region and quickly ramp up to gain proficiency in CGI’s built for government ERP solution.
• Lead, coordinate and perform the functional task related to the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Provide support for conversion, interfaces, reports and forms analysis
• Translate the business case analysis and client requirements into design documents
• Coordinate and lead peer review sessions
• Planning and leading fit-gap of current processes to future designed processes
• Consult with client about root causes of human resource issues, and provide organized and systematic methods of solution implementation
• Mentor, influence, facilitate, present, communicate, develop, analyze, and problem solve
• Highly self-motivated
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Work in a virtual team environment
• Ability to work under deadline pressure
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Team oriented
• Clear verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service oriented
• Experience with User Centered Design would be useful
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $64,900- $143,700."
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.