CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cashier Supervisor (LA Passport Agency) in Los Angeles, California
Cashier Supervisor (LA Passport Agency)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Cashier Supervisor (LA Passport Agency)
City: Los Angeles, California, United States
Position ID: J0619-0781
Employment Type: Full Time
The Cashier Level II plans, directs, coordinates and monitors the daily activities of the cashier office in the assigned location. The Cashier Level II is responsible for knowledge and adherence to all cashiering policies and procedures, to include: acceptance and verification of correct fees, managing discrepancies, lockbox management, deposit and returned check procedures, reports and verifications in TDIS or other databases. The selected candidate must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 45lbs. This position may require long hours of standing. As a result, the selected candidate will be expected to be able to stand and walk around the worksite for the entirety of their shift.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Supervise and train personnel in various cashier tasks and duties.
• Communicate verbally and in writing with stakeholders such as Merchant Services, Banks, Credit Card Companies, the Department of State and other Government Agencies.
• Use databases, intranet, and SharePoint sites to review delinquent checks, submit daily deposits, report shortages of overages, and other required reports.
• Responsible for verification and management of money receipts, Lockbox vendor receipts and applications.
• Ensure proper record retention.
• Verify fees and deposit monies into a bank designated by the Department of State.
• Enter deposits into banking system (i.e. OTCNet).
• Close-out and reset registers daily.
• Deliver deposit for armored car pick-up on a daily basis: confirm armored car pick-up and that the daily log for armored car activities is completed accurately.
• Run daily, weekly and monthly reports for all transactions.
• On occasion and in the absence of a Cashier Level I, the Cashier Level II shall be required to perform cashiering tasks in accordance with internal controls.
• Co-located Agencies/Centers may be required to share Cashier Level II’s to perform cashier closeout functions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Six (6) years of progressive supervisory experience in an office environment
• Two (2) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Five (5) years of experience in a money-handling environment, including three (3) years of experience working with cash registers
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and reports as well as regulatory and internal control policies
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.