Technical Scrum Master
Technical Scrum Master
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, Virginia, Lebanon
Position ID: J0823-1112
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI is seeking an experienced Scrum Master to oversee and guide scrum teams. The Scrum Master's responsibilities include overseeing development teams and ensuring they follow all scrum framework values and agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitating meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating team impediments within the Agile Release Train.
To be successful as a Scrum Master, you should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding Scrum Master should have excellent interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Guiding the team and organization on how to utilize Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
• Demonstrating to the team the benefits of self-organization
• Assisting the team on self-organization to help fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization, and coaching the team to achieve higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for them
• Removing, or providing guidance to the team to remove, impediments by identifying the precise personnel to assist
• Building a trusting and safe environment where issues can be discussed without fear of blame, retaliation, or judgement, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
• Facilitating a positive environment where work is performed in a collaborative fashion
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFE Scrum Master (SSM) certification
• Two+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or in a similar role.
• Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
• Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach, such as numerous Burndown techniques and retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.
• Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions
• Knowledge of SAFe Framework
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams
• Proven ability to balance concurrent activities
• Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile or SAFe environment.
• Prior experience with SDLC
• Development Experience
• Experience working with architect level team members and stakeholders
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $75,600K- $165,300K.”
Let’s talk about benefits:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid maternity and parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
Business Process Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.