CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. IT Asset Depot Supervisor in Lebanon, Virginia
IT Asset Depot Supervisor
Find similar career opportunities
IT Asset Depot Supervisor
Category: Service Desk / End User Services
City: Lebanon, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0219-0576
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. Join our team of professionals in our Lebanon, Virginia Delivery Center where you will be part of the team that ensures that CGI members across the US have the technology they need to support CGI. In this role, you will be supporting internal end users on a day-to-day basis by troubleshooting hardware issues, imaging and deploying workstations, as well as tracking and managing hardware assets. The candidate is expected to participate in continuous process improvement as well as use their experience to enhance CGI’s ability to offer exceptional customer support.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
• Candidate will work closely with junior team members to ensure processes and policies are followed.
• Candidate will be fully responsible for managing the physical inventory, including the financial aspect of end-user devices in an enterprise environment, which includes mobility devices, desktop and laptop computers, peripherals and other end-user, as owned by CGI and approved by management Act as the first line of support for end users
• Manage the computing inventory’s full Lifecycle and Chain of Custody from Request through Procurement, Delivery, Receipt and to Disposal (end of life)
• Responsible for, and required to report weekly on, the current state of the assets deployed and in inventory under the Depot’s management
• Candidate will manage the Refresh Program – an ongoing program to replace out-of-warranty equipment. This will require the administrative functions of: scheduling, ticketing, shipping and receiving, tracking and reporting, and problem resolution
• Full documentation of the inventory is a major responsibility of the position. Candidate must be able to comply with all auditing requests within a short period of time, with complete disclosure of the status and location of all company assets under the aegis of the Depot. This will require constant updates and maintenance of thorough and accurate records of all assets under the Depot’s management, and coordination with the asset management group.
• Candidate will be responsible for resolving any issues with the equipment, which may involve dealing with vendors, end-users, other CGI support groups, and corporate management
• Position will require a pro-active approach including recommendations for improvements where necessary and reasonable.
• Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in an IT support role or help desk environment
• Knowledge of desktop operating systems, various software applications, hardware, networking and, internet technologies
• Exceptional attention to detail is required
• Pro-active/self-starter – must be able to work independently and in a team environment
• Experience documenting technical information into a knowledgebase and/or process documentation
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with customers, team members, and management
• Must be dedicated to the role: punctual, self-confident and completely dependable
• Fast learner with a passion for technology
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to successfully complete a government background investigation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Customer Service - 3-5 Years of Experience, Senior Level of Proficiency
Microsoft Excel - 3-5 Years of Experience, Senior Level of Proficiency
IT Service Management tool (i.e Remedy, ServiceNow, Cherwell) - 3-5 Years of Experience, Senior Level of Proficiency
Microsoft Outlook - 3-5 Years of Experience, Senior Level of Proficiency
Asset and Configuration Management - 3-5 Years of Experience, Senior Level of Proficiency
Windows OS (7/10) - 3-5 Years of Experience, Senior Level of Proficiency
Macintosh - 1-3 Years of Experience, Intermediate Level of Proficiency
SCCM - 3-5 Years of Experience, Senior Level of Proficiency
Image Management - 3-5 Years of Experience, Senior Level of Proficiency
End-User Device Management - 3-5 Years of Experience, Senior Level of Proficiency
Endpoint Security - 3-5 Years of Experience, Senior Level of Proficiency
Minimum Education Required: Associates Degree (High school or GED will be considered if the member has technical training and/or equivalent work experience)
• Work collaboratively across multiple teams to accomplish the goals of the business
• Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking
• Frequent physical demands may include stooping, bending, crawling under/around objects, reaching, lifting and pushing objects of varying weights up to 40 pounds
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.