CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Virtual Environment Administrator in Lafayette, Louisiana
Virtual Environment Administrator
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Virtual Environment Administrator
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0919-1508
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
As the Operations Virtual Environment Administrator, you will evaluate requirements and architect solutions that meet client and security requirements and develop deployment templates to support automated virtual environment systems. This position will build, maintain and utilize the virtualization program, and be the primary point of contact for all matters related to virtual deployments
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain current VMWare ritualized environment
• Analyze, research, track, and report operational capabilities within ritualized and physical environment
• Develop, refine and execute deployment processes.
• Maintain client confidence and keep information confidential.
• Train other team members on systems and capabilities.
• Identify, escalate and communicate issues in a timely manner.
• Design, implement, monitor and maintain secure virtual environments.
• On-board, mentor, and train new team members.
• Write and update operations process documentation, system operating procedures, and training materials required to help team provide exceptional user support.
• Understand the underlying principles, processes, enabling tools and technologies for virtual environment management
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-5 years’ related work experience and a Bachelors degree
• Specific cloud knowledge, virtualization experience and best practises (VMWare, ESXi, vCenter).
• Specific storage configuration and management knowledge (Storage arrays, backup recovery solutions).
• Ability to take ownership and accountability of assignments, build and share knowledge, work independently, and collaborate with business partners, clients, other contractors, and end users.
• Excellent customer service and people skills. Excellent analytical, written and oral communication and relationship building skills.
• Proactive and self-motivated, committed to achieving deadlines, meeting and producing results.
• Proven ability to produce quality deliverables within aggressive timelines and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Experience working on large integrated project teams following structured methodologies for project management, business process transformation, and organizational change management.
• Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, clients, contractors, subject matter experts, and end users.
• Must be able to successfully pass/complete a CGI background check to start employment.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
Expert knowledge of VMWare, vCenter, vSphere, SharePoint,
Understanding of automation tools - Puppet, JIRA
Virtualization &Infra Consolid
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.