CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Tier 2 Service Desk Representative in Lafayette, Louisiana
Tier 2 Service Desk Representative
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Service Desk / End User Services
City:Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
CGI Federal has an exciting position open for a Tier 2 Service Desk position to support projects who utilize our proprietary Unify 360 environment. CGI offers an excellent and competitive benefits package, a team working environment, and an exciting place to work in a convenient location.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide Tier 2 managed services user support.
• Triage, analyze, research, track, escalate reported incidents and drive to resolution. Execute service desk processes on incident management and service requests.
• Provide excellent customer service and meet set customer satisfaction standards. Maintain client confidence and keep information confidential.
• Use incident management tools used in incident analysis and troubleshooting.
• Identify, escalate and communicate issues in a timely manner.
• Take the lead and contribute to building a knowledge base centered on known incidents/defects, Frequently Asked Questions, resolved issues, applying lessons learned and previous resolutions to new incidents.
• Recommend business processes improvements on service desk functions and assist in implementation of such.
• Provide status reports to service desk Director. Provide weekly report on metrics relating to incidents.
• Attend and contribute to internal and external client meetings.
• Understand and manage work plan scope and activities and provide accurate status on work completion.
• Process escalations from Tier 1.
• Mentor and coach Tier 1 team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Ability to take ownership and accountability of assignments, build and share knowledge, work independently, and collaborate with business partners, clients, other contractors, and end users.
• Excellent customer service and people skills. Excellent analytical, written and oral communication and relationship building skills.
• Proactive and self-motivated, committed to achieving deadlines, meeting SLAs, and producing results.
• Proven ability to produce quality deliverables within aggressive timelines and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Understanding of service desk lifecycle and processes. Experience with providing end user support.
• Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, clients, contractors, subject matter experts, and end users.
• Experience with metrics reporting and dashboard development.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and SharePoint.
• Must be able to successfully pass/complete a CGI background check to start employment
• Must be capable of achieving a DoD Secret clearance as a condition of continued employment.
- Associates Degree and 5 years of experience
-Due to the nature of the government contract , US Citizenship is required.
• Skilled at System Administration. (Active Directory, Manage user accounts)
• Working knowledge of Linux and IT Networking.
• Working knowledge or certification in A+, Net+, Network+ and Security• Working knowledge of Virtual Machines
• Flexibility in work schedule
- Help Desk/IT Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.