CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Teradata Engineer in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0619-0701
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as a Teradata Engineer?
CGI is seeking a Teradata Engineer along with modern software engineering practices (Continuous Integration, Specification by Example, Behavior / Test Driven Development – BDD, TDD) and respective tools, to become a part of a dynamic team located in Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette LA or New York NY ! This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This Teradata Engineer will be a key contributor to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
· Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
· Continuously improve software engineering practices
· Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
· Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
•Work on a variety of development projects on a Teradata platform and provide architecture guidance
•Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements
•Work with the Solution Designers and contribute to the development of project plans by participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects
•Apply technical background/understanding, business knowledge, system knowledge in the elicitation of Systems Requirements for projects
•Support other team members in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in automation testing of developed systems/solutions
•Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
•Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
•Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience with Teradata Database , Architecture with large scale database applications.
• 2+ years of Programming experience in Python or any Object Oriented Programming
• 2+ years of experience with Cloud technologies , AWS experience is preferable.
• 2+ years in Test Driven Development (TDD), and/or Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) is a plus
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
• Strong experience in developing of Complex Teradata database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Tables, Views, Indexes, Constraints, Synonyms, Materialized Views using SQL and stored procedures.
• Extensive experience query optimization & writing complex SQL Queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
• Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve Teradata database problems & technical support to Services and Development groups.
• Knowledge of big data technologies like Hadoop/HIVE is a plus.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.