CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Director in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0919-0655
Employment Type: Full Time
Help lead a growing team implementing mission-critical solutions for Government customers! If you are ambitious, dedicated and motivated by the chance to implement a GOTS/COTS software solution that will positively impact the United States Army of the 21st century for the foreseeable future; this project promises to deliver and needs your expertise for the near and long-term future.
Team CGI is looking to build a diverse team of functional, technical, and development experts that can work in an AGILE environment to create a unified system that supports the United States Army across the Institutional, Operational, and Self-Development arenas well into the 21st Century.
The Army Training Information System (ATIS) will support the Army of the future and replace, unify, and synchronize over 40 plus systems that support the nexus of training and readiness of the United States Army. ATIS of the future provides strategic interface with other Enterprise systems for the United States Army and across the Department of Defense (DOD).
The team assembled will provide support to the United States Army for the next 4 years with focus on building a system that supports the Army Training Management Capability (ATMC), Army Training Development Capability (ATDC), and Army Learning Management Capability (ALCMC) with a 21st century focus on operational relevance, intuitive/innovative design, and robust technical architecture.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Provide technical solutions in support of the ATIS system and Enterprise solutions for the United States Army. Lead, coordinate, and synchronize the assumption of over 29 plus systems into a singular system with the ability to conduct major interface with other United States Army enterprise systems. Ensure technical and Enterprise systems meet AGILE SAFe schedules and provide relevant, timely, and forecasted solutions to meet technical specifications and design requirements as outlined by the customer, Performance Work Statement, and key technical procedurals as outlined by the customer and Team CGI. Coordinate all technical/IT aspects of the program with all stakeholders and ensure changes to items are correctly incorporated and mitigate customer risks to the ATIS system. Provide sound technical/IT leadership through collocation, virtual, or occasional road-trips to ensure accuracy of work, issues, and way points to maintain the integrity of the Technical Architecture selected by the customer. Coordinate architectural designs and ensure they comply with requirements and over support the Business Use Case, Measures of Effectiveness, Measure of Performance, Activity Lists, and are nested in the Design, Build, Test, and Delivery of the ATIS Phase II system. Ensure that Team CGI members are coordinated and synchronized in support of the ATIS system. Coordinate and manage all ITSM efforts and technical governance.
• Comply with PWS as prescribed by the customer
• Provide scope, schedule, budget, and execution controls to ensure technical architecture and development are nested with functional design and delivery of ATIS system
• Work with other leads to ensure integration/interface/and subsumed systems work in seamless environment per the development of ATIS Phase II
• Nest with A-PMs on Functional, Development, and Governance to ensure coordination of Technical Architecture as well as support the Design, Build, Test, and Deliver of ATIS
• Work in an iterative and AGILE SAFe environment
• Work with Enterprise systems and understand key technical aspects of systems to be sub-sumed in support of ATIS
• Provide coordination, synchronization, and direction to Technical personnel in a collaborative environment, thus ensuring coordination of the Technical Architecture and ability to apply current 21st Century technologies to support the build of the ATIS system
• Consistently demonstrated ability to exceed the requirements of Senior Software Engineer.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• ITIL and government IT certifications
• Strong understanding of the DoDAF and DoDAF management experience.
• Prior IT leadership experience, architect experience and system engineering experience highly preferred.
• Sound Proficiency with Microsoft .NET/ Java technologies
• PhD and 4 years experience, Masters degree with 6 years experience, Bachelors Degree with 8 years experience.
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a DOD Secret Clearance is required.
• Prior experience on Army contracts preferred, especially in a training environment.
• 5+ Years of relevant industry experience.
• Good knowledge of the company product development lifecycle and the process tools.
• Proficient in at least two-core development tools used within the company.
• Sound knowledge of estimation technique
• Good knowledge of design patterns
• Sound industry trends awareness.
• Sound Knowledge of unit testing methodologies and frameworks
• Sound communication skills.
• Sound time management skills.
• Good ability to anticipate issues and formulate remedial actions.
• Sound interpersonal and team working skills.
• Sound ability to take on multiple assignments.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Good problem solving skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.