CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Analyst/Tester in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J1120-1269
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and engagement of our professionals. As one team, we enjoy the rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate in the New England area, CGI-Burlington is at the center of this change helping our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• 3+ years of experience testing
• This role describes a blended testing team that includes test lead, test automation, and test analyst roles.
• Develop test plans and defining the testing strategy including test entry criteria.
• Preparation and maintenance of testing frameworks including automation test cases where applicable.
• Identify and document test conditions, test cases and data, and traceability matrixes.
• Design and document test execution schedules, and manage progress versus schedules.
• Assist in managing the entry to test execution.
• Perform cycle, regression and automated testing.
• Raise and track defects, performing retesting cycles to ensure defect closure.
• Track and report progress via metrics, and report to management on progress
• Minimum of 4+ years as an analyst providing technical and functional expertise to identify, evaluate, and develop complex requirements
• Must have experience working in the insurance or managed care industry
• Must possess critical thinking skills and the attention to detail needed to work on broadly defined complex technical and business problems
• The ability to investigate complex technical and business process then translate them into technical requirements
• Troubleshoot key implementation issues and drive successful resolution by coordinating between internal and external stakeholders
• Participate in meetings as needed to ensure developers, testers, and outside vendors grasp application design and requirements
• The ability to perform integration testing and identify issues that result in application defects
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Working knowledge in some of the following areas:
• Create use cases, flow diagrams, and source to target mapping documents using Microsoft Office
• Create custom reports using COGNOS
• Create custom SQL using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Oracle SQL Developer and TOAD
• Performs initial triage of all portal, integration or database related issues using SOAPUI
• Create/update functional Data Models for operational data stores and warehouses in ER Studio
• Create and document data profiles using Informatica Data Quality
• Perform Integration testing and document any defects and their using HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
• Manage access to versioned files and track user operations in SVN and FileNet
• Create screen mock ups for user interface using Marvel
• Verify access and authenticity of the members using the LDAP utilities to interact with the directory servers
• Browse the current job names and their schedules with Tidal
• Create, validate, and translate the HIPAA transactions using Edifecs SpecBuilder
• Create and modify XML files using XM Spy
• Create and modify JSON files using Cordova
• Work together with message, a file transfer, and online meetings with Sametime
• View the files being transferred and their schedules with EIFR
• Works with contacts to manage work and allot documents
Minimum Education Required: Technical Diploma in IT with Equivalent Experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.