CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Analyst in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0120-0772
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Technical Analyst who would be responsible for designing/enhancing information systems applications within a dynamic IS environment. As an integral member, you will play a key role and will work closely with the account team and with the client to establish and maintain environments, and implement software in multiple environments. You will work well in a collaborative environment, and will be eager to learn new technical methods and subject matter. If you are willing to make a long-term commitment to gaining a deep knowledge, working with clients, and helping them succeed we want you to apply!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will be responsible for gathering requirements in collaboration with the business and business analysts. Your skills in documenting detailed requirements along with mapping these layers to the database, mapping extracts from the database, participating in design discussion with the Solution Architectures and supporting the Quality Assurance analysts during the testing phase will be keey to this role.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• We would ideally like you to have 3-5 years of designing/enhancing information systems applications within a dynamic IS environment.
• Working from a Business Requirements Document, you will develop and document a detailed statement of requirements for the proposed solution in the Technical Requirements Document.
• Leveraging your ability to work in a collaborative manner with the Business Account Manager (BAM) to define technical requirements, as well as the business rules for data population/transformations.
• You will team with the Developers to ensure that there is a complete understanding of the Technical Requirements Document.
• We will want you to define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing systems.
• Leveraging your past experience, you will support the Defect Management process, using a defect triage approach, for both integration and UAT; requires an ability to organize, document and communicate well, prioritize and multitask.
• We would expect you to analyze Business Requirement Document/Technical Requirement Dcocument user requirements for reports, forms, queries, and data extraction to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business requirements.
• You will demonstrate an ability to:
o Create and document data profiles to drive data modeling and source to target mappings
o Define new business and data definitions
o Collaborate with analysts, architects and developers
o Create and maintain data mappings, transformation logic (for logical and physical models) to support implementation and ongoing maintenance of the operational data stores and warehouses.
o Assist modelers in the maintenance of storing source, design and target mappings and data definitions
• You will provide detailed analysis on all new data model and ETL development requests to ensure the solution is developed in an efficient manner and works properly with other applications within the system.
• You will demonstrate working knowledge in some of the following areas:
o Informatica, Toad, XML spy, CVS,
o MS Excel, Visio and PowerPoint,
o Oracle 11g, SQL Server, MS Access,
o PL/SQL, XML, HTML,
o Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.