CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Software Performance Tester in Lafayette, Louisiana
Sr. Software Performance Tester
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Software Performance Tester
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0121-2346
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
The Sr. Performance Test Engineer is responsible for evaluating, tuning and managing performance and resources of a large government financial system. This is a full time position with CGI Federal and will be based in either Lafayette, LA or Washington, D.C. Occasional night/weekend work needed for configurations/deployments during outage windows. Candidate will work with an established and experienced team of developers, application engineers, and DBAs managing a complex on-premise solution with intention of migrating to new hardware and/or a Cloud-based implementation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Evaluate and tune system performance of a large government financial system.
• Produce presentations and documentation for both senior management and technical experts.
• Assessment and tuning to cover entire system stack from user networks, through application servers, database to physical IO subsystems
• Produce performance assessments as well as performance recommendations, for both on-premise and Cloud solutions.
• Look ahead over product and project roadmaps to recommend tools and platforms
• Lead a team of 2 – 4 technologists, as well as interface to other teams such as operations and functional testing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Candidate must have previous experience with at least two of:
o Performance management and testing teams or activities, producing performance evaluation and recommendations reports
o Experience with Unix system operations and tuning, AIX or RHEL specifically preferred
o Experience with an automated performance testing tool required (e.g. Rational Performance Tester, LoadRunner, JMeter)
o Team leadership of technologists
• Technical development/design experience in complex systems administration. Experience supporting applications by reviewing logs to identify root causes of issues, develops scripts to automate tasks. Additionally, supporting production Operations and Maintenance of a large-scale application including scheduling and execution of periodic and ad hoc software jobs as required by end users.
• Bachelors Degree and 5+ years of experience
• Due to the nature of the government contract, US Citizenship is required.
• Experience with Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Tuxedo, SoftwareAG webMethods or similar Integration platform, Momentum Financials.
• Experience with performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace or JMeter.
• Past software development experience in Java or C++.
Test Case / Script Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.