CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr PL/SQL Engineer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Sr PL/SQL Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr PL/SQL Engineer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J1221-1766
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI - USA - Digital innovation in the heart of Louisiana
The Sunflower Asset Management solution is a web-based and mobile enterprise asset management software tool used by federal agencies, contractors, national labs, state and local government organizations, and higher educational institutes. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work collaboratively with a geographically diverse team and client base to implement, support, and develop customizations and extensions for the Sunflower software solution. The successful candidate will interact with CGI Federal and client technical and functional specialists to achieve software system implementation and maintenance goals. Work location is flexible- duties can primarily be performed remotely, however, occasional travel to perform on-site work at client sites may be required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Support software implementation projects with one or multiple clients. Duties include system design and development tasks such as custom code, system integration, data migration, and code deployment. The Senior Software Engineer works both independently and as part of a team to meet deliverables in an efficient and timely manner. Assumes quality assurance responsibility and necessary documentation of assigned tasks. Works aggressively to develop his/her technical skills, learns from more experienced team members, and shares knowledge with less experienced team members. Develops a basic understanding of the functional business processes and requirements that the software implementation is designed to address. All team members receive Sunflower software and asset management training prior to providing customer support.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 5 - 10 years’ experience in the Information Technology field. Minimum of 5 years recent experience with any RDBMS and tools based application design and development. Good understanding of design, development and analysis.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Oracle design and architecture, including advanced knowledge in:
• Complex table relationships
• Database packages, functions, procedures, triggers, jobs, etc…Sys privileges, object grants and database roles
• Understanding and troubleshooting database errors (ORA-xxxxx, PLS-xxxxx, etc…)
• PL/SQL: deep understanding of PL/SQL code; writing new code from scratch and updating existing code based on customers’ requirements
• SYS privileges, object grants and database roles
• SYS views “dba” as well as general “user” views for troubleshooting purposes
• Writing complex static and dynamic SQL queries joining multiple tables
• Experience in WebLogic Server and Oracle Fusion Middleware components, including:
o Application deployments
o Managed Servers
o JDBC data sources
• Familiarity with Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and Java Development Kit (JDK)
• Familiarity with Oracle Forms based and Web based applications.
• Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems
• Information systems networking skills
• Strong analysis, documentation, communication and writing skills.
• Programming skills in either C/C++ or Visual Basic.
- Not able to sponsor or take non-citizens for this role
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations
• Experience with HTML coding and calls from within PL/SQL code
• Experience with Angular Web Application framework
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.