CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SQL Server DBA in Lafayette, Louisiana
SQL Server DBA
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
SQL Server DBA
Category: Database Administration
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0221-0896
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a SQL Server DBA to join our dynamic and fast-paced client support and delivery team. If you are a strong SQL Server DBA with superior communication skills, a keen interest in problem solving, who can learn while executing, operates independently, and is experienced working in SQL Server and Oracle environments please consider applying to join our CGI team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Be the organization’s expert in database technology. Be an authority and guiding hand to our customers and technical team.
Install, patch and upgrade SQL Server software.
• Upgrade SQL Server instances.
• Manage SQL Server and Oracle databases from design through deployment and ongoing operations.
• Work with developers to gather user requirements and specifications for desktop and web applications.
• Work with developers to design efficient, flexible database structures to support application requirements. Create appropriate keys and indexes to insure data integrity and performance.
• Assist in the creation\modification of views, functions, stored procedure and triggers to implement business rules.
• Create users, roles, profiles, permissions.
• Institute best practices around database security and access.
Diagnose and resolve performance issues and other database-related incidents with applications using SQL Server and Oracle.
• Create scripts for implementing database structures and permissions for initial deployment, or for subsequent enhancements.
• Monitor database performance and server performance.
• Monitor databases for ‘integrity’ issues.
• Create “Alerts” to send notifications on database error conditions or threshold breeches.
• Create jobs to perform backups, index reorgs and other database maintenance activities.
• Monitor backups, index reorgs, file sizes, disk space, memory usage, and take appropriate action when there are issues.
• Automate tasks to improve reliability and facilitate routine tasks.
• Review database and server logs to identify error conditions.
• Create database “links” that support the application without providing too much access to the remote server.
• Perform Data Migration, including Oracle to SQL Server using Migration Assistant or other tools.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Minimum 4 years of experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This is a customer-facing consulting role. You must exhibit high levels of professionalism and subject matter expertise.
• Proven working experience as both an SQL Server and Oracle Database Administrator: Experience with SQL Server Version 2014 and newer, and Oracle 10g and newer
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must have a problem solving mindset.
• Working knowledge of servers and networks
• Working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX command line and shell scripting -- "Nice to Have"!
• Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity
Strong knowledge of SQL: both reading and writing.
• Proficient with query tuning tools, SQL Trace, Profiler, Explain Plan. Ability to diagnose and resolve performance issues.
• Good logical and physical database design skills
• Experience with data migration tools
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.