CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. ServiceNow Developer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Find similar career opportunities
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J1018-1176
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
Do you have a passion for delivering significant business value to your clients through transformative solutions that disrupt the status quo? Are you experienced in working with technical teams to deliver innovation in the federal market?
If so, join us and elevate your career to the next level at CGI Federal.
Our Digital Services practice is building a team of top talent dedicated to delivering the next generation of services and solutions to the federal government. We are agile practitioners, user-centric designers, data scientists, automation specialists, and business-oriented technologists. Our digital solutions transform the way federal agencies engage with citizens, empower their workforce, and deliver strong mission outcomes.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a ServiceNow Applications Developer for projects with large federal clients. The ServiceNow developer will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and implementation of software projects on the ServiceNow platform. The successful candidate will work closely with the Platform Architect, Business Analyst(s), IT Support and Technical teams to ensure that administration and implementation are conducted per policy, procedures and best practices.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with clients, project managers, and systems management team to clearly define scope of work and provide accurate cost/schedule estimates
• Configure, customize, script, and develop the ServiceNow platform
• Develop Service Catalog items incorporating automation using orchestration
• IT Configuration Management -
o Design and implement solutions following established Configuration Management policies and standards
o Integrate data from multiple data sources into a unified CMDB, ensuring data quality and integrity are maintained
• IT Asset Management – Design and implement solutions following established IT Asset Management standards
• Create applications on ServiceNow Service Portal
• Provide technical and thought leadership in both system integration and application development, while also promoting best practices in these areas
• Review internal artifacts and deliverables to ensure they meet solution requirements
• Prepare and maintain technical specifications and documents; architecture diagrams, system documentation and manuals
• Troubleshoot production and test issues; perform root cause analysis, recommend corrective action and perform resolution efforts
• Assist client ITSM teams with associated technical and process activities
• Responsible for the technical specification and implementation of the ServiceNow integration
• Provide expertise on all technical questions related to development on of ServiceNow
• Develop the technical solutions, implements them and performs the component integration tests
• Understand the business needs and the needs to standardize processes, and build this into the design
• Understand the large scale thinking and approach needed for success of the project
• Other duties may be assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Due to the nature of the government contract , US Citizenship is required.
• 5 years of experience as a ServiceNow developer
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
• Thorough knowledge of ServiceNow – deployment, implementation, integration; ServiceNow certifications/ training
• Proficiency in modern programming languages such as, Java, C# is a plus
• Good understanding of Relational Databases and database query language
• Good understanding of Web Services
• Thorough understanding of application security, including SSO, Access Control rules, and more.
• Self-driven and someone who takes ownership
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.