CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Service Desk Agent in Lafayette, Louisiana
Service Desk Agent
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Service Desk Agent
Category: Service Desk / End User Services
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0121-0765
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
CGI Federal is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Service Desk professional with broad technical skills to support our cloud computing environment. The Service Desk provides technical and troubleshooting assistance related to support of the infrastructure for our Unify 360 clients. Individuals in the Service Desk role must possess exceptional communicator skills and be able to translate their technical knowledge into an actionable direction. This position offers the opportunity to work with many of the latest tools in the industry providing support for many US Government and commercial contracts.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide Tier 1 user support.
• Triage, analyze, research, track, escalate reported incidents and drive to resolution.
• Execute service desk processes for Request Fulfillment, Incident Management, and support Problem Management.
• Provide primary support coverage during assigned shifts by the successful and timely handling of all inbound issues received thru both the hotline and email address.
• Efficiently manage service tickets ensuring that all assigned tickets and tasks for the shift are updated on a daily basis.
• Assist with Quality Control process on resolved tickets and constructively provide / receive feedback on Quality Control findings.
• Process access requests to various systems.
• Provide initial triage of network problems in the cloud environment.
• Quickly and correctly troubleshoot and resolve common issues and frequently asked requests.
• Accurately enter all customer and system interactions into Service Desk ticketing program and ensure correct routing and communication of escalated events.
• Provide excellent customer service and meet set customer satisfaction standards. Maintain client confidence and keep information confidential.
• Adhere to policies and procedures addressing problem identification, documentation, routing, escalation and resolution.
• Constantly maintain a professional interaction with all contacts and ensure high communication.
• Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
• Utilize incident management tools in analysis and troubleshooting.
• Identify, escalate and communicate issues in a timely manner.
• Contribute to building a knowledge base centered on known incidents/defects, Frequently Asked Questions, resolved issues, applying lessons learned and previous resolutions to new incidents.
• Recommend business processes improvements on Tier 1 service desk functions.
• Provide status reports to service desk manager.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must understand the service desk lifecycle and processes. Experience with providing end user support.
• Proven history of taking ownership and accountability of assignments, build and share knowledge, work independently and as a team
• Proven excellent customer service and people skills; excellent analytical, written and oral communication, and relationship building skills.
• Proven ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Must be proactive and self-motivated; committed to meeting SLAs.
• Must have ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, technical teams, clients, contractors, subject matter experts, and end users.
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and SharePoint.
• Must have at least one year of customer service/facing related experience (Help/Service Desk, retail, food service, etc.)
Due to the nature of the contract, US Citizenship is required.
• Certifications for Cisco, Microsoft, A++, and other IT related items
• JIRA Service Desk or ServiceNow experience
• ITIL Foundation
- Help Desk/IT Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.