Senior Software Quality/Test Engineer
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
Main location: United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
Position ID: J0923-0715
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firm in the world is hiring a Software Quality Test Engineer for our growing organization. This opportunity is based in Lafayette, Louisiana.
The candidate will work on Atlas Product, CGI Atlas360 can handle customer contacts, call center operations, call routing and queuing, processing and tracking of shipments and packages, employee administration services and customer scheduling, financial services management including project accounting, payment processing services, payment processing and tracking, business and financial records management, all to provide a robust business office outsourcing for outstanding customer care
The successful candidate will be a member of a high-performing multi-site agile team working on an enterprise grade software. The Software Quality Test Engineer must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must have demonstrated software engineering and effective communication skills.
• Collaborate with business owners to develop test plans
• Develop in-depth knowledge of Atlas products
• Develop test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications
• Detect, document and report software failures
• Create automation test cases using various testing tools and frameworks
• Create test data scripts using various scripting languages and tools
• Create scripts for performance testing
• Execute end-to-end performance tests, analyze test results, identify bottlenecks, and provide recommendations
• Ensure software compliance with general programming best practices and accepted web standards
• Work on continuous improvements of software QA process
• Prior experience with software product QA testing
• Self-motivated, independent and enterprising
• Strong multitasking and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Expertise in the analysis and documentation of business processes
• Expertise in the analysis and troubleshooting of problems
• Experience in documenting defects and test results
• Experience in the creation of test plans, test cases and other technical documents as assigned
• Exposure to concepts of Performance & Load Testing
• 2 years of experience on Microsoft Azure or AWS cloud
Strong knowledge on DevOps tools and Continuous Integration (CI) process
• Exposure to testing CRM systems
• Familiarity with tools like Salesforce, MS Dynamics
• Experience using QA automation tools and writing test scripts
• Exposure to debugging C++, Java, and SQL Queries
• QA certification or related training will be considered as a plus
• Direct experience with Agile software development projects
• JIRA experience
• Knowledge of Cloud, security, infrastructure, databases, and networking
• A good understanding of UI/UX concepts.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $67,200 - $130,600.
This role must be located in one of the following locations: Lafayette, LA, Lebanon, VA, Knoxville, TN
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.