CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Software Engineer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Senior Software Engineer
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Software Engineer
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0519-0015
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
The Senior Software Engineer will be working on the Unify360 Portal Scrum Team. Unify360 is an enterprise asset provisioning, management, and optimization platform supporting multiple cloud service providers. The platform integrates numerous third party tools to manage the security, financials, and maintenance of the machines with rich analytics and DevOps integration. We are looking for experienced software engineers who enjoy working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and who are looking for a challenging opportunity to leverage Agile Scrum practices to make a significant impact on our product.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with product team to understand requirements and drive technical designs
• Ensure sprint goals are met with production-ready software
• Work within a dispersed team environment to ensure quality delivery
• Drive POCs and provide concise choices of tools and technologies
• Define reusable software components and services
• Mentor team members and conduct comprehensive code reviews
• Participate in planning activities for Program Increments, Sprints, and Epics. Contribute to effort estimations for individual tasks and/or user stories
• Work with multiple programming languages adhering to best practices
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5 - 8 years’ experience with the SDLC on large scale software projects
• Strong technical background with experience in driving the solution/designs.
• Ability to work independently and desires to learn new technologies
• Experience with multiple technology stacks
• Knowledge of cloud technology, cloud infrastructure, and a good understanding of multiple cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, VMWare, Google).
• Familiarity with micro-service design using Docker
• Experience working with multiple databases and in multi-tenant environments
• Ability to work in an agile environment with a dispersed team
• Excellent communication skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
• Experience with full stack development
• Working experience or conceptual knowledge of Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Angular, PostgreSQL, and Ruby
• Understanding of DevOps methodologies and tooling
• Direct experience with Agile software development projects
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.