CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Project Manager in Lafayette, Louisiana
Senior Project Manager
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Project Manager
Category: Project Management
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J0821-0901
Employment Type: Full Time
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI-Lafayette, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI-Lafayette is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
We are looking for a highly motivated and multidimensional technical project manager (PM) to join our growing team. The ideal project manager will have health insurance & heath care experience. The project manager’s major responsibilities are to lead and handle project teams for our client. PMs connect with partners, call out impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. We are seeking a candidate who has shown leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring project milestones are met. Ideally the candidate will be SAFe certified and engaged in several Agile programs based on SAFe.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead and manage project teams consisting of SME's, Architects and Technical resources
• Work with management to ensure that appropriate resources have been assigned to the project
• Review project guidelines with the team
• Ensure clarity of roles by defining each team member’s deliverable for the project
• Build and supervise a project plan and task break down (or product backlog and sprint burn down for Scrum
• Establish and supervise project milestones and deliverables between functional groups
• Work with project team to pro-actively identify and handle risks/issues and decisions during the life of the project
• *Work with partners and functional managers to own the scope, timeline and quality of the deliverables
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or a related field or equivalent work experience and 7+ years of IT project management experience
• Be responsible for a technical functional group's process and procedures are followed
• Understanding of software development life-cycle processes with an ability to effectively communicate between business and technical stakeholders
• Crafting implementation plans and leading the Project team to supervise the deliverables / tasks from initiation to closure
• Near shore and off-shore team management
• Raise to the appropriate manager if project guidelines are not being met
• Conduct weekly or daily project meetings and produce a weekly status report
• PMP Certification
• Fast learner, able to diagnose technical challenges through reading code and supporting technical documentation
• Standout colleague with the ability to interact (verbally and written) at all levels of the SDLC
• Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with SQL
• Soft Skills:
• Very well organized and detail orientated and able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills
• Fast-paced office environment balancing multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as needed
• Requires that the individual be well organized while being readily adaptable to changes in work assignments
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $66K-$99/k*
• Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI, we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Agile / Collaborative Method
Project Management (T1)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.