Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Category: Project Management
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Alternate Location(s): United States, Texas, Belton
United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
United States, Maryland, Baltimore
Position ID: J1023-1438
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
Become part of a team to help a large government agency to support the maturing of the agency’s service delivery capabilities and data analytics reporting capabilities. CGI Federal is seeking a Senior Project Manager to support a large data modernization project for a federal agency.
As a Project Manager, you will work with project teams and driving project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closure. You will manage multiple projects across different platforms; lead technical and strategic direction; and collaborate with a cross-discipline team of engineers, management, and customers to design innovative solutions for our clients. The role is a significant position that involves working with customers and other stakeholders by developing and implementing solutions in a complex, highly dynamic environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Analyze user needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements throughout the standard development life cycle.
• Translate user needs into system requirements and test cases.
• Ensure requirements are tested and provide expected functionality.
• Provide analysis for associated tasks during the life cycle.
• Present alternatives analysis and substantiate options when required.
• Manage planning coordination, test scripts and service requirements; works closely with end users on project development and implementation.
• Provide a working knowledge of relational database environments, structured analysis, data modeling, information engineering, mathematical model building, sampling, and cost accounting to plan and develop the system.
• Able to specify the inputs to be accessed by the system, design the processing steps, and format the output to meet the users' needs
• Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to help management decide whether implementing the proposed system will be financially feasible.
• Prepare Issue Papers, Boundary Documents, Project Charters, Concepts of Operations, and System Requirements documentation, as well as developing related briefings and summary level documentation for FDA Senior Management.
• Work closely with the subject matter experts, FDA program staff and other software contractor staff to document business requirements.
• Provide direction and guidance to other analysts.
• Support the Project Manager to communicate and coordinate meetings, presentations, and develop team work products.
• Requirements include excellent communications skills.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or directly related degree required.
• PMP Certification preferred.
• 7+ years of experience in IT-related project management required.
• Experience with Identity and Access Management and Cybersecurity is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to perform all facets of the standard project management lifecycle, including project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closure required.
• Adept at actively managing scope, risk, and client communications required.
• Project Management experience planning and monitoring analytics projects using Agile/Scrum principles.
• Ability to balance technical requirements with business needs.
• Strong interpersonal communications skills, excellent writing, and presentation skills.
• Establishing immediate credibility with clients, internal stakeholders & leaders.
• Build consensus and achieve goals through influence and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work under tight deadlines.
• High attention to detail through proofing, follow through and scheduling.
• Thrives in a dynamic work environment balancing priorities for efficient workflow.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
• High integrity, follow through and detailed orientated.
• Adeptness to work collaboratively on a team as well as independently.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $94,500 - $165,300
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.