CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Java Developer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Senior Java Developer
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Java Developer
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0419-1227
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
CGI Federal is seeking a full stack Java developer to join our project team. We are actively pursuing development of new products to market in an aggressive campaign and require experienced, well rounded full stack developers to take ownership of design and implementation of next generation platforms. Candidates should be knowledgeable of the Federal market, Agile methodologies, custom software development, and integrated enterprise systems.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in an Agile Scrum team process, collaborating closely with UX experts, subject matter experts, fellow developers and test engineers.
• Analyze epics and stories to design and implement application APIs and services, and singe page application web interfaces.
• Create and execute unit tests and perform basic application testing
• Mentor junior developers in code practices and enterprise software development processes, participate in peer reviews and technical design meetings
• Troubleshoot and support application problems.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BS in Computer Science (or related field) and 5+ years of experience in software development utilizing JEE technologies.
• Experience in developing RESTful web services APIs and message driven applications using message brokers
• Experience with Agile methodologies, development approaches, and tools (e.g. JIRA)
• Intense passion for automation and streamlining activities such as unit test automation and CI/CD.
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to stakeholders and work in a team environment across multiple geographies.
• Experience building distributed applications in microservices environment
• Experience with RDBMS platforms such as Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. Working knowledge of NoSQL platforms such as Cassandra/MongoDB
• Experience with enterprise security standards and technologies such as SAML, OAuth, XACML and third party Identity and Access management solutions
• Experience with web development tools and platforms such as Node.js, Bower, Grunt, Gulp, Yeoman, etc.
• Experience with single page application frameworks such as Angular, React
• Experience with distributed source control systems, preferably Git or Stash.
• Knowledge of Section 508
• Experience in developing integrations between enterprise systems including ERP is a plus
• The ability obtain a SECRET level clearance is a plus.
CGI is unable to sponsor non-citizen visas for this position.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.