CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Java Developer (API) in Lafayette, Louisiana
Senior Java Developer (API)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Java Developer (API)
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J0821-1208
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking Senior Java Developers (API) to join our team!
Qualified candidates should have knowledge & hands-on software development experience and banking experience in the following areas if possible: demand deposit/savings/money market accounts, transfers, sweeps, and account opening platforms.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible to develop and support Internet/Intranet applications, with responsibilities in analysis, OO design, coding, testing, documenting, production implementation, and maintenance of those applications.
• Responsible for database design and system testing.
• Helps build the in-house products and create deployment routines to configure software for multiple environments.
• Keeps abreast of in house and 3rd party products.
• Ensures that both functional & non-functional usability requirements are met.
• Provides after hour support for code deployments, changes and general support.
• Contributes design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products.
• Build relationships with cross functional teams.
• Recognize interdependencies and relationships that foster value creation across our business, and across the enterprise.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
• 6+ years experience with Java EE combining development, testing and troubleshooting. A combination of education and experience may meet qualifications
• Understanding of Java EE architecture and components, web application development, JBoss and/or WebSphere Application Server experience or other directly related experience.
• Experience with developing flows in IBM App Connect Enterprise (ACE) development.
• In addition to Web Services development and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience with APIs and Apigee Edge if preferred. Extensive knowledge of data modeling concepts and integrated application development methodology.
• Advanced debugging, problem solving and testing skills. Advanced knowledge of fault tolerant software design, highly scalable and high performance software development.
• Familiarity with CVS and/or Subversion. Must have excellent analysis, judgment, project management skills.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff.
• Ability to work in a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
• Must be able to work independently, handle multiple concurrent projects, with an ability to prioritize and manage projects effectively.
• Must be able to interpret, validate, and map business requirements to an appropriate solution.
*Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $65K-$120K
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company.
CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.