CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Scrum Master in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0919-0636
Employment Type: Contract
Dynamic and innovative data warehouse program with need for strong data management and business intelligence thought leadership. Scrum Master will lead scrum team in sourcing data from healthcare applications through BI applications to end users. Great opportunity to work directly with client and learn new technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Simultaneously leading multiple teams to deliver value added features through several agile methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
• Leads and facilitates critical team level agile ceremonies including sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint demos, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc.
• Participates and prepares for train level agile ceremonies including program increment planning, system demos, and inspect & adapt workshops.
• Supports the teams estimating efforts. Guides them in establishing normalized estimating approach.
• Identifies risks and blockers and actively works to remove them from the path of the team.
• Help Team members communicate, coordinate and cooperate to ensure that the teams sprint and program increment goals are met.
• Balances scrum process enforcement with collaboration and adapts the agile process framework to the realities of the team culture and environment. Overly ridged approaches will fail.
• Coordinates with other Scrum Masters to synchronize cross team dependencies
• Embodies Lean-Aglie leadership behaviors by actively, and continually seeks out opportunities for and drives toward velocity improvements
• Leverages the TFS/Rally/other tool as the means to track work and status success, issues, risks and dependencies.
• Creates a positive team atmosphere where communication, collaboration, and team work defines the culture.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Project Management or other related field or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of direct experience leading technical teams
• 2+ years specifically in a mature Agile environment
• Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with the ability to execute with limited information and ambiguity.
• Constant focus on what is possible and helping others to see the opportunity in the midst of challenge
• Strong communications skills. Ability to communicate across a diverse set of resources. Comfort delivering difficult messages in a fact based approach.
• Demonstrated experience facilitating agile delivery with globally distributed virtual teams
• Demonstrated ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization effectively.
• Moderate to Advanced Microsoft Office suite skill level.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Relative certifications: SAFe Agilist (SA) Certification, SAFe Practitioner (SP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and/or Project Management Professional (PMP)
• 5+ years of direct experience leading agile teams as a scrum master, or release train engineer
• Influencing skills (sound business and technical acumen as well as skilled at achieving buy-in or delivery strategies)
• Working knowledge of Rally software
• Working knowledge of Clarity PPM
• Adept at negotiating; able to resolve conflict and adapt to different approaches using a variety of tactics
• Ability to be highly effective in a rapidly-changing business and technology environment
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.