CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. RPA developer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0720-1388
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Are you ready to expand your core software development skillset and gain hands-on experience with emerging digital technologies, including Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Our Digital Services practice is building a team of top talent dedicated to delivering the next generation of services and solutions to the federal government. We are agile practitioners, user-centric designers, data scientists, automation specialists, and business-oriented technologists. Our digital solutions transform the way federal agencies engage with citizens, empower their workforce, and deliver strong mission outcomes.
We have multiple new opportunities for RPA Developers to join our Digital Solutions team at CGI Federal. Reporting to the Digital Solutions team leader, you will work side-by-side with teammates from a variety of backgrounds in Web applications development, Data Science, AI, Intelligent Automation, and Cloud. You will help our US Federal clients improve operational efficiency, while expanding your own skills in development of cutting edge automation solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and test solutions to automate processes, activities, and tasks through RPA and enhanced workflow automation platforms.
• Participate in requirements gathering and design through client meeting, interviews, and workshops.
• Build and maintain sets of automations for multiple projects and clients.
• Plan and participate in deployment of RPA platform components, including bots, orchestrators, development tools, and systems integrations, to meet enterprise requirements for security, scalability, and performance.
• Contributes to future technology architecture roadmap by recommending options from third party/cloud solutions and participating in Proof of Concept (POC)/Prototyping initiatives.
• Provide technical direction on design considerations, including performance, scalability, availability, maintainability, and auditability.
• Participates in estimation and planning activities within the Agile team
• Communicates daily with the Scrum Master and teammates on progress, plans for the day, and reports any issues blocking progress
• Participates in demos, code reviews, and retrospectives; communicates ideas for team continuous improvement and willingly receives feedback for self-improvement
• Focuses on delivering business priority and value at all times
• Participate in QA testing activities, including testing at the task and end-to-end process levels, integration testing, and user acceptance testing.
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems and issues. Report, track, and address defects. Deploy new versions of updated software and enhanced automations.
• Document technical designs, release notes, and other project documentation in Confluence to support development, security, operations, and maintenance.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Due to the nature of the government contract , US Citizenship is required.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS, Engineering, or related fields.
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Experience in HTML, SQL, and either .NET/C# or Java.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• General understanding of UML, BPMN, or technical design documents relevant to process modeling and design.
• Past experience working as part of a collaborative team that practices Agile and/or DevOps throughout the SDLC.
• Experience across the SDLC, including requirements, design, development, testing, documentation, training, deployment, operations, support and maintenance.
• Must be an adaptable self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must be able to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively.
• Ability to work well with business unit SME’s, Business Analysts, vendors, and end users in cross-functional teams.
• Track record of meeting or exceeding client expectations, personal performance expectations, and achieving project goals.
• Strong communication skills.
• Familiarity, certifications, and/or experience with RPA software tools (e.g., UiPath, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere) highly preferred.
• Experience in .NET, C#, Visual Basic and macro development highly preferred.
• Experience with BPM workflow platforms highly preferred.
• Familiarity, certifications, and/or experience with BI/data analytics techniques and tools highly preferred.
• Experience with ERP and financial solutions highly preferred.
ERP System CSB
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.