CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Quality Assurance Engineer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Quality Assurance Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Quality Assurance Engineer
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0221-0587
Employment Type: Full Time
The best version of us starts with you. And the best version of you starts here.
CGI helps clients take an enterprise approach to accelerate and maximize their return on technology investments through relevant applied innovation.
We are looking for an exceptional Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform all activities involved in the software testing lifecycle
• Have an agile mindset; An expert in Scaled Agile delivery model, experienced with agile ceremonies such as daily scrums, spring planning, sprint reviews and sprint demos
• Design and develop high-quality automated UI and API tests for web applications
• Design and build industry standard test automation solutions and scripts
• Develop and execute story acceptance tests, regression tests and smoke tests
• Perform in sprint manual and automation testing in an agile setting. Provide testing feedback to the developers/ users
• Review pull requests and provide quality feedback and help peers to solve challenging problems
• Develop and manage software test plans, and traceability. Write high quality regression test plans for application under validation
• Provide manual and automation testing estimates during discover and sprint planning phases of development lifecycle
• Create technical design documents; Develop coding standard guides and technical wiki pages
• Develop and execute database scripts to perform data validation.
• Replicate product defects in the lower environments, log defects in defect management system for resolution
• Collaborate with DevOps team in to set up quality gates and execute automated tests in the delivery pipeline
• Automate repetitive validation tasks in browser based/ API based test automation products
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Over 6 years of experience working as a quality engineer in an Agile team
• 6+ years of UI test automation experience using Selenium & C# & UFT
• 6+ years of Manual testing experience for web, ERP (CRM Dynamics) and mobile applications
• 6+ years of experience managing code repositories and versions using Azure DevOps, GIT and SVN
• 6+ years of experience developing API tests using Rest Assured. Extra points for Karate framework experience
• 6+ Programming language experience: C#; Java with advanced programming skills such as Generics, multi-threading
• 2+ years of experience developing tests using BDD frameworks such as SpecFlow
• 6+ years of experience developing, maintaining & executing automated regression tests for web and backend applications
• 4-6 years of experience writing SQL scrips using advanced code objects
• Good understanding of Agile project management/ DevOps tools- Version One and Azure DevOps
• Extensive experience developing test plans, writing test cases and creating test strategy
• Experience with unit testing framework such as NUnit and Junit
• Team player who could work with product management and application development teams to deliver high quality applications
• Experience with application log management, monitoring & operational intelligence tools such as Splunk or Dynatrace
• Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.