CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Product Support Engineer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Product Support Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Product Support Engineer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J1021-1921
Employment Type: Full Time
The CGI Managed Advantage Services Program delivers and supports a proprietary Government ERP software suite and we are expanding our client base rapidly. Our CGI G&H group is seeking skilled Product Support Engineers that will work directly with multiple clients in this large-scale, globally supported outsourcing and premium maintenance program based in Lafayette, LA. This is a challenging and dynamic role with high levels of involvement with clients, other CGI organizations, and team members supporting interesting, complex, and often critical client needs. Limited to no travel required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Product Support Engineer, you will be working in UNIX / LINUX environments, you will provide day-to-day production support for assigned clients working on operations activities, including problem resolution, cycle support, and configuration management related to the assigned operations.
You will need to pay close attention to detail and the surrounding implications of all actions, be able to multi-task, and be independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in a non-traditional work environment.
You will be a valued member of a 24/7 production operations support group that runs cycles for multiple clients on a nightly, weekly, and monthly basis. We are currently seeking those that are able to work flexible hours, as well as participate in the team’s rotating on-call and maintenance responsibilities including weekends or holiday support hours.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Address SLA-bound technical incident reports or requests by the client.
• Execute batch jobs and monitor the solution, including log files, for alarms.
• Monitor the health and stability of the client environments, proactively engaging the necessary stakeholders and remediating issues/incidents that may arise.
• Manage the client’s backup processing and verify backups are successfully obtained to meet SLA requirements.
• Perform system maintenance and backup and recovery responsibilities, such as applications shutdown/start-up, disabling/enabling regular processing events, performing required backups, and verifying that all required, normal, client operations are resumed accurately following the maintenance.
• Address client requests for technical assistance such as file recovery, user ID management, or execution of special processes.
• Support other technical teams by providing screen shots, query executions, or log files necessary to resolve system or application issues.
• For new client implementations, test and fine-tune scripts and cycle automation processes to ensure stable steady-state operations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• You have experience with UNIX, MS SQL and scripting (C shell, K shell, bash, etc.); Linux, Oracle, Access and programing languages (Perl, Visual Basic, Cobol, R, Python, etc.) will be considered as well.
• You have knowledge of SFTP/FTP/HTTPS/HTTP and standard network concepts.
• You are a practical problem solver, strategic thinker and seek advice when needed.
• You understand importance of adhering to contractual Service Level Agreements.
• You have strong interpersonal skills working across multiple teams and building trusted client relationships.
• You take pride in your work and able to communicate technical issues, verbally and written, effectively to both technical non-technical team members and/or clients.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to provide clear, effective communication regarding technical issues and impact to client business
• You have great time management and the ability to work on own initiatives with minimal management supervision.
• You are able to collaborate effectively with globally dispersed teams.
Other Desired Skills:
• Knowledge of related software and other automated job scheduling tools (JIRA, New Relic, Actifio, etc.)
• Infrastructure or operations experience in a UNIX/LINUX/Wintel environment
• Familiarity with a multi-tiered architecture and network connectivity
• Familiarity with hosting platforms such as WebSphere and JBoss
• Familiarity with PMP and agile methodologies
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.