CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Product Manager in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0120-0414
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is seeking a Product Manager with federal contracting experience for the Momentum Solution Development team. The PM will work alongside Architects, Product Owners, agile teams, and other stakeholders to translate customer requirements into application solutions. The Product Manager will own responsibility for meeting with customers to understand requirements, monitoring legislative/regulatory changes, and keeping abreast of market trends to help drive the Momentum federal procurement roadmap. The Product Manager will work closely with Architects and other stakeholders to define solutions, write detailed epics and acceptance criteria that define solutions to be built, support the agile team through development and testing, demo the application to internal and external stakeholders, and serve as a liaison back to the customer to communicate roadmap, scope, and project progress. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a product manager or product owner in an agile model with a passion for software design and realizing customer objectives by delivering business value. Candidate must demonstrate a strong knowledge of federal procurement standards, regulations, and processes (ex: FAR, DFARS).
Your future duties and responsibilities:
A full time member of the Product Management team, the Product Manager (PM) works with customers and other stakeholders to translate requirements into application solutions. The PM is a self-directed contributor who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, understand the application and the customer’s business process, and research federal financials regulations. The PM’s primary responsibility is to work with an assigned architect and other stakeholders to translate those inputs into tangible system designs, articulated as epics with detailed acceptance criteria. The PM is responsible for crafting product solutions, drafting and accepting epics, attending bi-weekly sprint demos, leading quarterly customer demos, and guiding work to completion following agile principles. For work that spreads across multiple teams, the PM will work with their peers to ensure priorities and design elements are aligned and coordinated to drive features to completion.
The PM role requires an individual with strong collaborative skills with a systems thinking mentality who can work with technical and nontechnical stakeholders to continually ensure their team is executing the highest priority, value added work. The PM should:
• Work with customers to understand requirements, communicate product roadmaps, and manage scope
• Work with architects and other stakeholders to define system solutions to meet customer requirements
• Author epics and acceptance criteria
• Participate in PI planning
• Guide agile teams implementing new features
• Own epic prioritization for assigned features
• Collaborate with the team to continuously improve and define its mission
• Play a key role in driving and developing sprint and PI demos
• Sign off on epic completion
• Review user release documentation
• Lead customer demos
• Be a key contributor in the team retrospective helping drive improvements across the team
• Manage communications and relationships with diverse stakeholders, ranging from Product Managers, Project Managers, developers, designers, QA engineers, architects, and requirements analysts.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ years working with federal clients in financial management or budgeting solutions (i.e. Momentum Financials, Oracle, SAP)
• 2+ years of hands-on experience as a product manager or product owner in an Agile environment
• Extensive knowledge of the federal financials processes, directives, instructions, program guidance documents, and milestone processes
• Accounting Experience and/or CPA, CGFM preferred
• Prior experience in implementing federal financial or budgeting system for an agency
• Problem solver along with ability to multi task
• Prior consulting experience in any of the following areas:
• Business process improvement,
• Financial management policies and procedures,
• Financial system integrations
• Work independently and across many initiatives at once
• Proven client management skills,
• Experience in requirements gathering and BPR analysis
• Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail
• Top notch organizational skills and ability to work within processes.
• Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
• Ability to translate and articulate business needs into software requirements/epics.
• Ability to work closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for technical issues, architectural considerations and engineering assessment of product goals.
• Ability to understand complex business needs and translate them into detailed, executable functional requirements
• Skills in writing customer-centric documentation (epics/user stories/Use Cases/features/requirements) for the product backlog.
• Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
• Ability to provide appropriate and informed guidance and business direction, and break down complex problems into actionable steps that drive product development.
• Ability to groom the feature backlog to enable accelerated software development while ensuring coordination across teams and alignment with stakeholder expectations
• Excellent communication skills and understanding of the agile software development principles.
• Strong presentation and leadership skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
• Ability to travel to different client sites in the DC Metro area and CGI Federal development centers
• Knowledge and experience in Momentum highly desired
Unable to sponsor candidates for this role
• BS/BA degree.
• Prior experience in implementing federal acquisitions system for an agency
• DAWIA LEVEL III in Contracting or FAC-C Level III in Contracting, CFCM preferred
. Knowledge and experience in Momentum Acquisitions desired
• Experience working with a remote team.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.