CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Pega/BPM Administrator in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Database Administration
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J1020-2442
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is looking for a expert Pega Administrator to join our dynamic CGI team!
CGI is looking for a expertise Pega/BPM Admin Professional who Works independently under limited supervision and applies knowledge of subject matter in Applications Development. Possess sufficient knowledge and skills to effectively deal with issues, challenges within field of specialization to develop simple applications solutions. Second level professional with direct impact on results and outcome.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Systems administration, production support, problem analysis, service request and project task delivery for IBM BAW and Pega BPM products in multiple environments (WAS and JBOSS EAP/JWS).
• Assists in the development of support processes for Application Integration services and products
• Perform Level 2 problem and root cause analysis and engage Level 3 support and vendor
• Execute systems administration functions for middleware environments
• Ensure Service Now work intake processes are followed and delivery SLAs are met
• Review and delegate work request, incident, and delivery tasks
• Partner with Application Integration Engineering team for incident triage, product upgrades, maintenance, and fix packs.
• Ensure automation for repeatable functions is utilized appropriately
• Utilize monitoring tools (APM, Splunk); create views, alerts to monitor health and take action accordingly
• Implement and document solutions for issues in the production environments ensuring performance, availability, security, integrity, and capacity
• Planning and documenting disaster recovery procedures and ensuring execution of procedures during disaster exercises.
• Work with application owners, Pega Center of Excellence and Infrastructure Services & Operations counterparts on resiliency and automation opportunities.
• Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements; partner with BPM service engineering to drive from concept to implementation
• Interact with application and diverse infrastructure teams, identifying application impacts, interface design and technical specification design documentation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6 + years of experience as Pega Administratator
• Experience within a large-scale or global enterprise, core competencies with installation/configuration of Pega BPM and IBM BPM/BAW products. Minimum of 2 years hands on experience with Pega PRPC/SCE infrastructure engineering and/or support.
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture a plus.
• Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
• Proficiency with Ansible (Ansible Tower) or in one or more programming languages for automation: i.e Java, Python a plus
• Excellent understanding of integration with third party APIs (Web services, JSON, REST, XML etc.)
• Proficiency in development and deployment using WAS and/or JBOSS EAP/JWS
• Good understanding on database design and query optimization a plus
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing documentation, training users in complex topics
• Agile experience; proficient in using Rally and/or Jira
Desired Qualifications / Non Essential skills required:
• Education Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least seven, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
• Associate's Degree (Community College, MBO)
• Demonstrated history of strong communication and collaboration abilities in a highly matrixed environment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a high performance team in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated solid knowledge of systems development life cycle; particularly in contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, traceability & verification.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.