CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Oracle EBS Database Administrator in Lafayette, Louisiana
Oracle EBS Database Administrator
Find similar career opportunities
Oracle EBS Database Administrator
Category: Database Administration
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J1218-1336
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is engaged at one of our clients as an IT outsourcer. The Oracle ERP suite (EBS) from is their one of the biggest software suite.
As a part of the above base contract, CGI has been awarded a contract to upgrade their current Oracle ERP suite (EBS) from 12.1.3 to 12.2.6.
We need senior technical resources with relevant experience to address all upgrade related tasks (App configuration, Issue resolution, SDLC, working with all the stake holders) to help achieve the EBS Upgrade.
The work scope of this resource will primarily consist of DBA related tasks in upgrading Oracle EBS 12.1.3 to 12.2.n. This resource must also be able to support current production support issues related to EBS apps.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the Technical Upgrade of Oracle 12.1.3 to the latest version of EBS suite of modules.
• DBA should be able to stand up a ST, UAT or Prod environment (including configuration and smoke test) in 48 Hr window.
• Address or a definable portion of a larger technical program in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Work with all other DBAs, Analyst, Developers and business owners working on the upgrade and production support activities.
• Train junior App Developers to be a successful EBS consultant to support these modules.
• The candidate documents ALL steps (including failed steps and their remediation) at the Project sharepoint and does on-going lesson learnt with the team members and the management.
• Follows the direction of the upgrade project through industry standard installation, implementation and testing in accordance with project objectives.
• The candidate is required to use AR's Release and configuration management tools to manage work, issues, risks, and dependencies.
• The candidate produce status reports and conducts status meetings and facilitates issue resolution and risk management sessions.
• Each task will be estimated and will have specific start and end date.
• The consultant has to complete the task in the estimated duration.
• The consultant has to work with the Project manager to ensure they have the correct tasks in their bucket.
• Work from home is not approved. In rare circumstances, any approved remote work would require logging-in to team webex and be available via screen-share and guidance.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Excellent Oracle ERP, IT Applications implementation, upgrades and process design using industry planning applications
• Be the go to guy for EBS Applications (listed in this document)
• Proficiency with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Strong communication, negotiation and relationship building skills
• Ability to resolve highly complex technical issues
• Ability to manage, coordinate, guide other functional and technical professionals
• Outstanding leadership skills
• Ability to manage complex projects
• Excellent negotiation skills while working with business owners
• Ability to work well with senior management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.