CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Oracle EBS Database Administrator in Lafayette, Louisiana
Oracle EBS Database Administrator
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Oracle EBS Database Administrator
Category: Database Administration
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0920-1663
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is engaged at one of our clients as an IT outsourcer. The Oracle ERP suite (EBS) from is their one of the biggest software suite. The Oracle EBS APPS DBA will be responsible for installing, configuring, upgrading, administrating, monitoring, and troubleshooting the entire Oracle EBS system including custom applications. The role requires a dedicated candidate with experience in a large enterprise environment that is detail oriented and has the ability to learn and grow with the position.
Per Federal Stipulation, U.S. Citizenship required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Production-support for Oracle E-Business Applications and other Oracle environments.
• Implementation, upgrade and tuning of large Oracle E-Business Application environments
• Strong understanding of Oracle RDBMS architecture, and install/upgrade new versions of the Oracle Database and Application as necessary
• Troubleshoot problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools
• Provide cloning of EBS systems and automation procedures
• Patch assessment and application in an Oracle EBS environment
• Application tier cloning
• Co-ordinate Operating System Upgrade/patching
• Co-ordinate with functional teams, developers and clients business units
• Perform E-Business application and database administration tasks
• Assist in performance tuning
• Create and maintain environment run book & procedure documentation
• Available for emergency response for 24*7 production support
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 5 years of Oracle EBS DBA Experience
• Strong knowledge in Oracle Core and E-Biz suite administration, cloning, refreshes installation, upgrades, and patching of EBS R12.2 & Oracle 12c RAC databases.
• Backup and Recovery skills with Data guard implementation, RMAN configuration & Setup
• Have good experience in Oracle WebLogic Server Administration.
• Have experience in Oracle RAC databases, ASM, DR setups, High availability system and knowledge on load balancers.
• Have good experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12c/13c for monitoring and management of databases.
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Have experience working in 24x7 in PROD environments
• Proficiency with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Ability to manage, coordinate, guide other functional and technical professionals
• Ability to work well with DBA team and senior management
• Nice is have experience working with Oracle Exadata and PCA hardware
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.