CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Kubernetes System Engineer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Kubernetes System Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Kubernetes System Engineer
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0121-0648
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
This is an exciting Kubernetes System Engineer opportunity, which requires an individual with the ability to work in a dynamic environment supporting multiple client projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is able to quickly adapt to often new and complicated technical concepts and will work closely with other technical (e.g., application, infrastructure, CM) and functional teams to provide engineering and architectural support for state and local government clients leveraging CGI’s Advantage® ERP product suite in a hosted/cloud environment.
Responsibilities include the installation and configuration of various proprietary, commercial, and open-source application software products and support of teams providing both implementation services and steady-state operations. The candidate’s primary function will be to support the implementation of new clients or upgrades of existing clients within the CGI managed services (IaaS/SaaS) model. In addition, on an as-needed basis, the candidate will provide support to operational teams maintaining steady-state clients. This opportunity will also include providing maintenance and support of databases and VMs for developers.
For this role, CGI is looking for an individual with 5+ years experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tiered, multi-platform, integrated systems; excellent problem solving skills; a strong work ethic that takes full ownership of assignments; a proven history of meeting target dates and being very responsive to requests for assistance; and the ability to effectively work with other geographically distributed team members and other teams. This position has no travel requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This CGI organization operates a high-quality delivery model and the candidate is expected to perform at “meets” or “exceeds” levels within that context for all deliverables. The Advantage program is presently engaged in DevOps and internal process improvement initiatives, and the candidate will be an active agile participant in the implementation and utilization of Rancher, Containers and DevOps toolsets. The candidate will report to the Advantage Cloud - Transition Engineering team and be responsible for the following:
• Install and configure a variety of enterprise applications including CGI’s Advantage Financial and HR ERP solutions and associated products including data migration. This includes working with technical architects, application developers, infrastructure specialists, and functional teams to ensure that systems are deployed as required on a client-by-client basis.
• Understand the complete solution architecture from infrastructure, application and database tiers and contribute technical leadership, guidance, and/or recommendations with experiences in these areas.
• Serve as an escalation point for technical support issues providing detailed problem analysis across all technical tiers, verification of application installation and configuration, webserver and application server analysis to resolve system issues (e.g., user functionality, performance, etc.), trouble-shooting of data-related migration issues (e.g., ETL), etc.
• Effectively partner and work with other technical and functional teams and provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior team members.
• Provide comprehensive reviews of planned changes to existing infrastructure in order to determine the impact to hosted solutions and to minimize risk.
• Follow standards for software installation and configuration, striving for consistency, repeatability, and scalability across the portfolio. Provide input towards the enhancement of processes and standards and supporting the organization’s DevOps initiatives and the use of Containers.
• Fully document architectural information related to application, infrastructure, and database configuration in order to provide consistent and stable solutions.
• Ability to work flexible hours as determined by project and/or team needs in support of client and service level agreement (SLA) requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Comfortable working in both UNIX/Linux and Windows Server virtualized environments.
• Experience with deploying, configuring, and managing containers within Rancher/Kubernetes.
• Significant experience with installation and configuration of Java-based enterprise applications preferably in a JBoss and/or WebSphere environment.
• Experience with data migration including data export/import, ETL execution, and SQL scripting preferably with Oracle and SQL Server. Familiarity with database creation, roles/security, tablespace creation, etc. is a plus.
• UNIX Shell Script design, creation, review, and troubleshooting.
• OS settings knowledge to be able to review and optimize environments.
• (Bonus/Preferred) Knowledge of SAP Business Objects installation, configuration, administration, and/or troubleshooting.
• (Bonus) Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and/or Atlassian Suite
• (Bonus) Experience working in an Azure environment
• Ability to create, understand, and maintain detailed technical documentation.
• Strong problem solving skills in a complex, multi-tiered integrated environment with the ability to understand the inter-relationship between the various components and layers.
• Ability to work in non-conventional environment with virtual CGI and client teams spanning time zones across the U.S. and India.
• Independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in this geographically distributed team work environment.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to work synergistically with members from multiple teams and cultures.
Webserver and Application Server installation, configuration, analysis, etc. (preferred JBoss, WebSphere, or WebLogic) - 5+ years
Database-related experience including data export/import, ETL execution, access/security, SQL (preferred Oracle and SQL Server) - 3+ years
Linux shell scripting / Windows Apps install - 5+ years
Container configuration and management 1-3 years
Network / Server hardware / SAN related technical architecture
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
SAP Business Objects - 1-3 yrs
Any ERP Solution (e.g. Oracle Financial/HR) - 2-3 yrs
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $86,000 - $130,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.