CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jr-Level Business Analyst in Lafayette, Louisiana
Jr-Level Business Analyst
Find similar career opportunities
Jr-Level Business Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J1218-1206
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of something exciting. Do you want to take control of your future? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile clients in the federal space? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If you do then join us as a Business Analyst. We are looking for a talented individual with a keen eye to details and willingness to expand their skills to join our application development team. This position is Lafayette based with minimal travel required to client site.
You will work closely with the Functional Lead and other team members. This position would suit a dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic business analyst with a proven track record not only in delivering quality documentations and applications, but also in providing excellent customer service. We work in a very collaborative environment where excellent communication skills are needed
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in meetings with the business owners to elicit, analyze and document details business requirements.
• Map current processes to the desired state and identify gaps such as program functions, system requirements, data conversion strategies.
• Develop, business process flows, data models and system design specifications and recommendations related to proposed solutions
• Create and maintain functional deliverables including User Stories, system requirement document, business process diagrams, design specifications and user guide.
• Develop test cases/scripts, execute smoke, system, load and browser testing and support user acceptance testing and document results
• Work with various teams to design, develop and maintain a web-based database system.
• Assist in risk management activities including Identifying, mitigating and escalating risks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a dynamic team environment
• Maintain positive and cooperatives communications and collaborations with all levels of team members and customers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in application System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Must have strong problem solving skills including analytical, logical, investigative and methodical.
• Familiar with Waterfall and/or Agile methodologies
• Strong agility and seeks to learn from all situations and opportunities
• Strong time management, communication and organizational skills.
• Experience with Jira and Confluence
• Agile/Scrum knowledge and experience
• Test automation is a plus (using Katalon, Selenium)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.