CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Java Full Stack Mid-Jr. Developer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Java Full Stack Mid-Jr. Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Java Full Stack Mid-Jr. Developer
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J0721-1111
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking an accomplished Full stack Java Lead with 1 - 5 + years of experience to join our REIT/ Telecom and support team
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Design, Develop and enhance full stack Java/ J2EE applications
• Work on UI, backend, security and architecture upgrade features and requirements
• Work with other developers and software architecture teams to build and enhance new or current applications
• Create and review technical designs and provide feedback
• Serve as the technical lead on the software development team
• Provide technical expertise in design, development, testing and debugging of mid-large software applications
• Independently perform the all developer duties, responsible for sound and high quality technical deliverables.
• Participate in backlog grooming meetings to provide estimates on the features, collaborate with other technical and product stakeholders in story & task breakdown sessions. Identify implementation risks and provide mitigation plans
• Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and implement new solutions
• Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
• Collaborate with application quality engineering team to provide application quality, identify risks and create mitigation plans
• DevOps mindset and an agile practitioner
• Ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end user requirements
• Excellent oral and communication skills
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 2 - 5+ years of solid experience in mid-large scale enterprise software design, architecture, development and implementation
• 2 - 5+ years of API development experience: SOAP, REST APIs, other Web Services
• 2 - 5 + years of extensive knowledge and experience with application design patterns. Extensive experience in object oriented analysis & design concepts & containerized application designs
• 2 - 5+ years of experience writing application unit tests using frameworks such as Junit, Jupiter, protractor, jasmine, karma
• 2 - 5+ years of experience managing code repositories using source control systems: SVN, GIT
• 2 - 5+ years of Database experience with Oracle SQL is required. Solid understanding and experience in advanced database concepts such as procedures, cursors, jobs, triggers, snapshots
• 2 - 5+ years of experience working with monolith architecture applications
• Proficient and hands on experience with Application Servers(WebSphere, Tomcat)
• Strong understanding of Java Frameworks(Spring MVC, Spring Security, Hibernate)
• Solid experience developing and maintaining solutions in Business Process Management solutions, preferably Oracle BPM.
• Extensive experience working in an agile delivery model
• Solid experience and understanding of application lifecycle management tools like Version One, Azure DevOps
• Solid experience using code analysis tools such as Sonar Qube, experience with application logging and monitoring tools such as Splunk and Dyantrace is required
• Good understanding of BI Report mechanisms and tools such as Web Focus.
• Eclipse, Maven development environment experience is required
• Solid understanding and experience working in CI/CD environments and tools: Jenkins, Docker
• Expertise in participating and contributing during the Agile ceremonies: backlog grooming, spring planning, sprint demos, and daily standup and sprint review meetings
• Java, J2EE, Spring (Spring MVC, Spring security), SpringBoot, Hibernate, WebLogic, Maven, ANT
• Unit Testing: Junit, Jupiter, Protractor, Jasmine, Karma
• Logging, code analysis and application monitoring: Splunk, Dynatrace, Sonar Qube
• Code Repository Manager and Version Control: SVN, GIT
• CI/CD: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
• Database, Data Integration: Oracle, SQL, Informatica
• Application lifecycle Management: Version One, Azure DevOps
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $65K - $90K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorados Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals members to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGIs benefits include:
Competitive base salaries
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.