CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. IT Change Manager in Lafayette, Louisiana
IT Change Manager
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
IT Change Manager
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0719-1696
Employment Type: Full Time
• Manage all aspects of the IT Change Management process and the lifecycle of all changes
• Lead and manage the direction for the change and problem management processes, with primary responsibility for the day-to-day management of all changes.
• Responsible for all aspects of the change management process, to include ensuring all changes are recorded, categorized, prioritized, risk assessed, planned, tested, validated, implemented, documented, and reviewed in a controlled and standardized manner.
• Analyze completed changes to determine any apparent issues and seeks rectification with responsible parties
• Ensures business signs off on the acceptance of completed changes
• Reduces the impact of change on the business through effectively managing changes and through proactive problem management
• Responsible for facilitation of the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings
• Responsible for maintaining and managing the change schedule (aka: forward schedule of change)
• Ensures proper change/release testing and validation based on predefined test and acceptance criteria
• Ensure effective and time sensitive communication and preparation for all changes in keeping with business partner SLA’s and external customer expectations
• Responsible for managing and maintaining the change calendar and working closely with the organizational managers, product owners, analysts and developer’s across IT to deliver a comprehensive view of all changes
• Perform assessment of change readiness and review of milestones with IT teams, sponsors, business stakeholders, etc.
• Ensure adherence to the Change Management policies and procedures related to compliance (e.g. SOX) and other regulatory requirements
• Define, maintain and improve policies, procedures and workflows for the change management process
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure IT infrastructure changes and application releases are delivered on schedule.
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at dependent locations
• Handle general communications throughout the workflow as needed to ensure Change Management priorities and initiatives are properly communicated
• Provide assistance to IT project management to ensure they understand change management process requirements and the adherence to requisite release/change policies that insure the integrity changes is maintained
• Communicate status of all major changes
• Facilitate the negotiation, planning and management of all change activities
• Work with IT development and operations teams that provide support to releases and changes, helping them understand the potential impact of changes being made
• Work with Incident Management and the various Help Desk teams to identify and link any incidents to the changes that caused them for tracking, remediation, and reporting purposes
• Collaborate with technical teams to identify, rollback and ultimately eliminate unauthorized changes
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for change management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of change management are built into the applications and IT change schedules/windows.
• Develop, document and present training for the business and for IT as it relates to the change management process and best practices
• Provide management reports on change management process progress
• Weekly/Monthly/Yearly change control reporting and Metrics
• Prepare and represent a well-reasoned position on change management process health and transparency with IT teams
• Work with IT management to continually improve the change management processes and practices associated with production changes and continuous software delivery
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must have experience defining, documenting and implementing change management process and solutions across a decentralized IT organization
• 8+ years of practical experience as a technologist or process leader in a globally diverse information technology organization.
• 5+ years change management experience in IT Infrastructure and Operations (I/O) or similar organizations
• 3+ years change control experience in support of critical enterprise applications
• Broad experience in IS/IT, including networks, security, servers, storage, applications, infrastructure, project management, and governance
• Familiarity with change lifecycle and workflow automation
• Working knowledge and/or experience with agile project delivery
• Minimum of ITIL Foundations v3 or v3-2011 Certification
• ITIL Release, Control and Validation (RCV) intermediate certification or willingness to obtain within 12 months of starting with CGI
• Demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional work teams
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Change Management experience using ServiceNow
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Deployment automation understanding and experience with application deployment tools such as Puppet, Serena, etc.
• Process improvement background / experience desired (ex: Six Sigma, Lean etc.)
• Experience with change management in continuous delivery and DevOps environments is highly desirable
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.