CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Government and Health Solutions Group - Managed Services Operations Director in Lafayette, Louisiana
Government and Health Solutions Group - Managed Services Operations Director
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
This is an exciting strategic program manager opportunity, which requires an individual with the ability to oversee technical resources working in a dynamic environment supporting multiple client projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is able to quickly adapt to often changing client priorities while helping the technical resources navigate new and complicated technical concepts and work closely with other technical (e.g., application, infrastructure, architecture DevOps CM) and functional teams to provide application steady state managed operations for clients leveraging CGI’s Advantage® ERP product suite in a hosted/cloud environment.
For this role, CGI is looking for an individual with experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tiered, multi-platform, integrated systems; excellent problem solving skills; a strong work ethic that takes full ownership of the team’s workload; a proven history of service delivery management, driving teams to meet target dates and being very responsive to requests for assistance; and the ability to effectively work with other geographically distributed team members and other teams. This position has minimal travel requirements, potentially a few times a year for team meetings/training or for direct client support.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The candidate will lead a team of 50+ people across U.S. and India responsible for:
• Supporting 25+ clients hosted on various platforms including client-hosted, Azure, NIST-compliant cloud and others
• Architecture engineering support and application operations of various proprietary, commercial, and open-source application software products within CGI’s managed services (IaaS/SaaS) model
• Providing vision, thought leadership and roadmap for implementing continuous integration/continuous delivery (“CI/CD”) practices across organization
• Providing guidance and mentoring project teams on how they can implement and adopt CI/CD practices
• Working with the cloud architect and providing collaboratively defined, implemented and scaled CI/CD solutions and processes for large enterprises
• Identifying and driving improvements in infrastructure, system reliability, performance, monitoring, and overall stability of the CI/CD platform
• Designing and delivering support and service solutions for Managed Service customers in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPI’s, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement
• Ensuring operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied
• Instilling a high performance culture in the team with a focus on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
• Being capable of identifying and implementing change within the team to ensure it can take on new service offerings
• Operational process engineering in support of a hosting services organization.
• Continuous Improvement – Proactively identifying gaps and inefficiencies within Operations, helping to prioritize improvement opportunities, assisting in training and communicating new/updated processes. Driving usage of these processes within Operations
• Service Management Policy – Delivering and enforcing policies surrounding Service Management, including but not limited to Incident management, Problem management, Change management, and Service Catalog
• Mentoring and developing the next generation of leaders
Candidate will oversee mid to senior technical resources, and junior to senior application batch operation resources ensuring priorities are clearly defined, scheduled, and accomplished including building and maintaining resource/task planning tools. Daily interaction with both senior-level stakeholders and clients fostering positive relationships and addressing escalations as needed.
Candidate must operate under the CGI corporate standard frameworks for client, member, and stakeholder satisfaction. Candidate will also be responsible for all aspects of CGI’s member management, such as performance reviews, coaching and training, or performance improvement actions as required, to ensure that corporate policies are followed. Mentoring and developing next level talent of leaders to support key growth areas and the overall strategic direction of the Architecture and Engineering team.
Candidate will report to the Managed Advantage Vice President.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Applications managed operations and technical engineering management including scope and expectation setting as well as clear communication to stakeholders.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of strong hands on experience using different tools for batch automation, continuous integration/continuous delivery, configuration management, application monitoring, application batch support and maintenance
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical major
• 5+ years’ working experience in a technical operations environment with ITIL Service Lifecycle process experience - Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations, and Continual Service Improvement
• Experience in implementing ITIL processes in an ITSM framework supporting multi-cloud systems
• Proven history of implementing change and process improvement
• Ability to review deployment and operational environments, i.e., execute initiatives to reduce failure, troubleshoot issues across the entire infrastructure stack, expand monitoring capabilities, and manage technical operations.
• Effective cross-functional leadership skills: working with engineering and operational teams to ensure systems are secure, scalable, and reliable
• Conceptual knowledge of broad Cloud capabilities and hands on experience with one or more cloud technology platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Hands on experience with infrastructure and application monitoring tools including New Relic and IP Center
• Knowledge of relevant databases including but not limited to SQL and Oracle
• Ability to ensure key senior technical resources are clearly tasked based on identified priorities balanced between new client needs and steady state production support issues.
• Contribute proactively to new service development.
• Work closely with the Technical Services Manager to ensure new customers are on-boarded with seamless handover / transition into ”in-life‟ service
• Financial impact awareness around different delivery models (reducing costs, improving margin, increasing value to clients, creating re-usable models, staffing forecasting).
• Experience managing senior technical resources including those geographically/globally distributed.
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple, often competing, priorities and clients within SLA contractual obligations.
• Excellent communication skills, high degree of responsiveness, and ability to work collaboratively with other team members in supporting multiple clients.
• Process definition, implementation, management and improvement capabilities including the documentation thereof.
• Team-oriented focus, knowledge sharing with a particular focus on growing junior members into more senior resources, professional in all situations (including high stress).
• Ability to work in non-conventional environment with virtual team spanning time zones across the U.S. and in India.
• ITIL Foundations Certification preferred
• Certified Agile Service Manager preferred
• PMP certification preferred.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.